Author Topic: Serial killer gone?  (Read 6612 times)

kindheart

Serial killer gone?
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:13:14 PM »
Serial killer gone?
Apr, 02 2007 - 6:10 AM

EDMONTON/ - There's an ongoing debate among experts whether a rumoured serial killer has left the Edmonton area.

Since 1975, the bodies of 25 people, many of them prostitutes, have been found in the area around the city.

The last victim found was discovered in May 2006 in a rural area northeast of Edmonton.

Jack Levin, an expert in serial killer from Northeastern University, says that's a long time, but Bill Pitt of the University of Alberta says it could mean there are more killers out there.

kindheart

Re: Serial killer gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:14:11 PM »
Fearful of spring finds

Sex-trade workers brace for the possibility of more bodies being found

Mon, April 2, 2007

By AJAY BHARDWAJ, SUN MEDIA

It's been close to a year since the body of a murdered sex-trade worker was discovered in the Edmonton area, but experts say that only means a serial killer may be operating somewhere else.

Or, with the snow melting away, it may just be a matter of time before someone makes a grisly new discovery, sex-trade workers fear.

"For most people spring means the snow melting away and the grass getting green and the daisies coming up," said one sex-trade worker who didn't want to be identified.

"For us, it's a very hard time. It's like, 'Who are we going to find?' "

Project Kare, an RCMP-led task force, is hunting for a serial killer preying on sex-trade workers in the Edmonton area. Since 1975, the bodies of 25 people, many of them prostitutes, have been found in the area around the city.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/04/02/3896382-sun.html

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 08:24:46 PM »
I belive more or missing But were just no being told about them,

kindheart

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:42:04 PM »
I knew you would jump at that one Des!! I thought the exact same thing. Carol you are probably right, we are not being told about any new situations, which to my way of thinking is CRIMINAL.

THE MEDIA MUST BE INFORMED AS SOON AS SOMEONE, THAT MEANS ANYONE GOES MISSING-END OF STORY-WE DEMAND THIS!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:40:33 AM »
It sure is hard to tell. THe media is not even trying to find out, if this was a killer who targeted regular folks, they would be all over this using secret sources and getting to the bottom of this.

No one has even come out to say they still think a serial killer is operating anymore. There has been no word at all.

In fact, no one even reported that another serial was operating in Vancouver area until one was busted.

Some things never change.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 02:03:20 PM »

I think we got killers here, and they haven't been caught! THere are still many missing, and the police do not release information, until they are ready too, so as not to compromise the investigation. LIke don't tell the right hand what the left is doing. :-\ >:( :-[ ::)

If the sickoes know they have been found out they WILL leave.I think there is a lot of undercover done, as well as informants.

I think if we hear of new devlopments, are broadcast, it will help in what we are doing.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »
Yes, I agree with you Adrian, there are other killers out there. I wonder if this is always going to be like that? Started in the 50's or 60's and seems to get worse all the time!! Girls are even killing in record numbers and getting worse.

As far as the serial killer goes, I think we will learn more at the trial coming up. Can't wait to hear what goes on there.

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 07:55:36 AM »
All we can do is hope Slevka has some conenadds and gives up the names NOT like Van-cover were we may never know who alce was in on it. >:( >:( >:(

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 11:59:20 AM »

Hi Des, I think I read a similar post, as I was googling, ns.g groups, and the ones with a lot of men talking.Gornc, and Gregg, may be I read it there.I took it as they had a lot more to go.But there are different killers.

Personally, I think there is a whacko bunch, and a lot of smaller groups, or even loners. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »
                             We have a lot of killers, up here::::

Because of the condition that Rachel Quinney was found, at a garbage site, and Svekla went back there. The specific mutilations were done. Who did that? HIM??? or another? Seems, the investigation, will have some cracks in it, and the bad guys, may give something up. Like hiding, or screwing up.

Since so many people got away with this for years, decades, they have to realize, it is over now.There must be some relative who caught on to what their son, father, friends, may have already know, but like an ostrich, buried their heads in the sand.

OK: Drugs, cash to buy drugs, a driver who picks up the gal, delivers to the pervs, they do the act of murder, and somone to dispose of bodies.Everyone involved, may have been witness to a murder, and in doing so, became part of that group.

There are some sick fucks out there!!!!!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 02:47:16 PM »
In Canada, as we've all learned, it doesn't matter if you murder one person or 101 people, the sentence is the same maximum

I thought multiple killers can now be held indefinetly like Bernardo is? I could be wrong.

Regardless, they need a sentence that has no chance of parole. It is sad these familes have to keep going to these things for no reason.

If there are lots of killers out there, times are changing, they will be caught, police are going hi-tech and on one will be forgetten.

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:41:26 AM »
Hi all of you,

I found that blog this morning : http://greeneatorange.blogspot.com/2008/02/edmonton-is-path.html

From what I understand that the guy works in the Edmonton area or in Alberta anyway, and would visit Edmonton once in a while.  He must be from Montreal, could be traveling there regularly and possibly familiar with, at least, a few areas in Ontario that he may visit too.

It would be a good idea to search his blog in case there is more to learn.  As for example, using Montreal as a key word, in the search this blog box, will tell you more, and so on.  Sorry if I don't do it myself : I'm lacking time.

All the best to you, and keep on the good work,

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 01:21:16 PM »
You're very welcome, Desespere. ;D

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »

:o ??? Thankyou CSD, it is a very interesting read, and also the musical. I am still going thru it, so will get back to you. Good to hear from you!!! It is very interesting, and a bit macabre, and hidden, stuff, not yet sure of.:)!!!

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »

:o ??? Thankyou CSD, it is a very interesting read, and also the musical. I am still going thru it, so will get back to you. Good to hear from you!!! It is very interesting, and a bit macabre, and hidden, stuff, not yet sure of.:)!!!

Hello dear Adrian,

I'm glad to hear that there are interesting things in that blog.  Yeah, it's kinda weird! I have the feeling that something may come out.  This is true that I haven't read much of it, but just enough to feel like there may be messages in that box : never know!

I'll try to come back tomorrow.  Good night, Adrian. ;D