Author Topic: Jennifer Teague - September 8, 2005  (Read 4205 times)

Desespere

Jennifer Teague - September 8, 2005
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:41:31 PM »
Jennifer Teague has long blonde hair which, according to recent reports, she dyed brown, and, if you live in the Barrhaven area, you can see her photo on telephone poles. Ms. Teague is 5 feet, 4 inches tall, weighs 106 pounds, and was the star goaltender for her soccer team. She was last seen just after midnight on Thursday, walking home from her job at Wendy's, wearing red shoes, light blue jeans, a white tank top and a black zip-up sweater, carrying a black backpack with her Wendy's uniform inside. Police discovered a small black backpack in bushes two blocks from her home, on a route she is believed to have regularly taken to get home from work. The backpack was found at 5 pm on Saturday.

Her body was found on September 19, 2005 at the NCC property at West Hunt Club and Moodie Drive in a wooded area.

Yesterday, Kevin Davis announced he intends to plead guilty to her first degree murder.

The man accused of killing Jennifer Teague says he intends to plead guilty to the first-degree murder charge. Kevin Davis, speaking through his lawyer, says he wanted people to know that he plans to plead guilty.
Police charged the 27-year-old with Teague's murder after her body was found in a wooded area off Moodie Drive more than two years ago. She was killed on her way home after working the late night shift at a Barrhaven fast food restaurant.

The guilty plea, while not unprecedented, certainly is unusual. However, Davis's lawyer, Gary Barnes, says it's what his client wanted to do, even knowing the crime carries a life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Legal experts say in some similar situations there's a clear reason for the plea. Mark Ertel the president of the Defense Counsel Association of Ottawa says some people enter the guilty plea to avoid going to trial and to show remorse, something the parole board is likely to take into account.

Davis will appear in court again on January 25, and it is expected to be his last appearance. His lawyer expects everything, including sentencing, to be wrapped up at that time.

Stay tuned to A-Channel for the latest.

http://www.achannel.ca/ottawa/news_52190.aspx

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Jennifer Teague - September 8, 2005
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:15:04 AM »
Oh I remember this case. I was in Ottawa hours after she went missing. Within 24 hour there were hundreds of police looking for her, the media had setup a command center and was filled with about 50 people doing live broadcasts with hourly updates.

I am glad her killer was caugh, and I am glad everyone was looking for her, but this case proved to me once and for all that the media and political people will re-act differently to white, middle class or higher females who go missing.

The mayor ordered all those police out there and the Premier dipatched OPP to help out too.

That would never have happened to any other demographic in such a short amount of time. I only wish I had taken photos, but if I did, the fuzz would probably have found that odd.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 01:16:38 AM »
I should add, I think it was destiny for me to see that. It really did have a profound affect on me.

Thank goodness for her fathers and rest of her familes sake she was found and the killer caught. Just to bad only a few people get that kind of attention.

kindheart

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:04:16 PM »
'I don't believe his remorse is genuine': Detective

By DONNA CASEY, SUN MEDIA

He offered his contrition for what the presiding judge called "a truly heinous, despicable crime," but the lead police investigator in Jennifer Teague's murder didn't buy the tears shed by Kevin Davis yesterday. "I spent six to eight hours looking into Mr. Davis' eyes from a distance of a couple of feet and I assessed what his character was at that time and no, I don't believe his remorse is genuine," said Sgt. Greg Brown, following Davis' guilty plea to first-degree murder in the death of the 18-year-old Barrhaven woman. "I think he's doing a pragmatic thing here by pleading guilty and trying to express remorse," said Brown.

'DIDN'T FLINCH'
Veteran police officers and Crown prosecutors were moved to tears, but Davis "didn't flinch, cry, swallow or show any emotion at all."
"It's interesting that he was crying during his statement but not the victim impact statements from family and friends. I think that probably says it all," said Brown. Brown conducted a six-hour interview with Davis on June 26, 2006 after the 24-year-old man approached an off-duty police officer at a Barrhaven beer store and told him he killed Teague.After the interview, Brown accompanied Davis to the Jockvale Rd. walking path where he had confronted Teague. "It was extremely disturbing. It was horrifying to think that Jennifer had to endure what was obviously a couple of hours of being tied up and gagged and having a knife pointed to her throat," said Brown of taking Davis to the bike path and his mother's home where he killed Teague. Davis changed his story a month later.
On Aug. 4, 2006, he recanted his confession during a followup jailhouse interview, with Brown recalling yesterday how Davis had "a pronounced smirk on his face and he definitely was not contrite and he denied being the person responsible."

TAUNTING POLICE
"He was essentially
taunting the police to prove that he had done it," said Brown.Davis was originally interviewed by police on Sept. 10, 2005, two days after Teague went missing. He told police that he was home with his mother the night Teague went missing.
"He wouldn't have got away with this," said Brown. "We had no intention of giving up on this investigation. We were vigilant in our pursuit and we would have gotten him eventually." Brown said Davis likely sat through the preliminary hearing and realized the strength of the Crown's case."Either he could plead guilty to first-degree murder or a jury would find him guilty of first-degree murder," said Brown.

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/OttawaAndRegion/2008/01/26/4794877-sun.html

kindheart

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »
WTF? Does this guy not hear himself? >:( >:( >:( >:(
~kindheart

"It's not for selfish reasons but I want people to know I didn't rape her," he said. "I didn't beat her, I didn't hurt her. I am not a monster."

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/OttawaAndRegion/2008/01/26/4794875-sun.html

Mr. Davis refused Sgt. Brown's suggestion that he had kept some items "for trophy reasons," and insisted he had always been polite to women: "I am not one of those psychopaths that hunt down women."

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=8d0fc7ff-3993-4d5f-9a1e-ccbe5762222e&p=6

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 01:47:51 AM »
Oh goodness, this guy is truly distrubed.