Author Topic: Woman missing or murdered near Davey Butorac  (Read 6448 times)

kindheart

Woman missing or murdered near Davey Butorac
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:00:57 PM »

Candice disappeared on the 31st of March after they located Gwendolyn on the 13th of March.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,168.0.html

Margaret Redford was found in Aldergrove and does fit the victimology of the alleged offender in these cases.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,1071.0.html

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:10:55 PM by kindheart »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Woman missing or murdered near Davey Butorac
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:24:57 PM »
I guess the cops are eyeing this guy for a lot of unsolved cases. I sure hope they can get more evidence now that they have access to his car and home (assuming the judge will give them access).

Peace900

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:21:44 PM »
read the papers.. th police have his can and have seached the home twice.. so Im sure they have access

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
Peace,

You know this Davey Butorac fella don't you?

kindheart

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 11:46:52 PM »
Police continue to follow leads as serial-killing suspect in court

Glenda Luymes, The Province
Published: Friday, January 18, 2008

Margaret Redford with Daughter Danielle, now grown.

As suspected serial-killer Davey Butorac makes a court appearance on Friday, homicide investigators continue to follow leads that could link him to other murders. Earlier this week, police confirmed bones found on a Chilliwack mountain in early December are those of missing Surrey sex-trade worker Michelle Choiniere, who disappeared in September 2005. While Butorac is not a prime suspect in the murder, investigators are now looking for connections.

"We don't want to have tunnel vision," said Cpl. Dale Carr of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team. "We're going to do a thorough review of all the evidence."Carr said police identified a "person of interest" when Choiniere first went missing and that person also remains a suspect: "We think we've identified the person who is responsible, but that has unfortunately not yet led to charges. It's not our belief that Butorac is responsible."

Meanwhile, investigators are taking a closer look at the death of Aldergrove's Margaret Redford and a possible connection to Butorac.
Carr said Butorac is "still on the table" in the unsolved case dating to May 2006. Redford's body was found face-down in Bertrand Creek, a few blocks from Butorac's Aldergrove home. She was last seen alive in an alley behind the Alder Inn the night before.
In an interview with The Province, Redford's daughter, Danielle Redford, said her family has been "turned upside down" since the murder, and the potential links to Butorac make it "far more traumatic."

"To now learn that there may be someone that not only purposely stole her from us, but possibly made a continuous effort to continue in these actions with other women and their families . . . is that much more heart-wrenching," said Danielle.She took issue with the way her mom has been called a sex-trade worker, saying Redford had issues with drugs and alcohol, but was starting to turn things around in the months before she died. "She was not involved in the sex trade that we were ever aware of," Danielle said. "It would have been extremely difficult for her to hide that from me. She was very much an involved part of my son's life as a grandmother and as a mother, not only being my mom, but also my best friend." Danielle said she wanted to thank police for their hard work, but added: "We can not even attempt to be at rest, and I truly believe neither will my mother, until [justice] happens."

Butorac, a long-time Fraser Valley resident, was charged Jan. 7 with second-degree murder in the deaths of valley sex-trade workers Gwendolyn Lawton and Sheryl Koroll.

gluymes@png.canwest.com

? The Vancouver Province 2008

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 08:55:21 PM »
http://www.theprovince.com/life/killer+targeted+addicted+trade+workers+sentenced+years+without+parole/11574789/story.htmlButorac was tried for and convicted of the murders of Koroll and Lawton in July 2010. He was sentenced in July 2011 to life in prison with no chance of parole for 23 years; however, he appealed his convictions and the cases were severed, with new trials ordered for each.