Author Topic: Lisa Maas | Owen Sound ON, | 1988  (Read 37311 times)

Cindy71

• View Profile
Re: Lisa Maas | Owen Sound ON, | 1988
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 03:21:19 PM »
There is now a $50,000 Reward leading to an arrest in Lisa's Case....PLEASE if you know anything about Lisa's case please contact The O.P.P....Thank You

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »
I live on the adjoining property to where Lisa's car was found. I lived here for a number of years before I heard about the case. I have an abandoned well on the property and wondered if it had been searched but more than that I wonder why an arrest hasn't been made when they have dna and a suspect. Can someone enlighten me about this.  Thanks

THIS WAS POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD BY ERROR. I THOUGHT IT SHOULD BE MOVED HERE BUT COULD ONLY COPY AND PASTE .  SO IT REMAINS ALSO IN THE LOIS HANNA THREAD.

TalentsUnlimited

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Well there is some action folks..... this is just in on the local radio station, web site....sure hope they find her.
http://www.am920.ca/news.php?area=details&cat_id=4&art_id=13378
Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:30 am

Members of an OPP investigative team have returned to a property in Owen Sound today to search for evidence linked to the disappearance of Lisa Maas over 20 years ago.
The same property on 3rd Ave. East was searched two weeks ago by experts using Ground Penetrating Radar.
Information from that search, along with new data, sent investigators back to the site today.The search involves members of the Unsolved Homicide Investigation Team, the OPP Urban Search and Rescue Unit, and an an OPP Forensic Identification Unit.
This is part of an ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Lisa Maas on July 17, 1988.
Her green 1976 Plymouth was found stuck in the mud on township road allowance near the hamlet of Annan two days later.
Police say the owner of the property being searched, and current occupants, are not persons of interest in the case.

lilmzangelic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 03:27:30 PM »
This is on the Owen Sound Sun Times site: http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2823435

TalentsUnlimited

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
Here is CKNX report on todays.... tells of the $50,000 reward.
Friday, October 29, 2010 1:40 pm
Police aren't saying exactly what they found, only that they uncovered a few items of interest during the search of an Owen Sound property.
Police were back on the scene yesterday at 3rd Avenue, searching for clues into the 1988 disappearance of Lisa Maas.
Further searches of the property haven't been ruled out.
Police are offering a 50 thousand dollar reward for the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for her disappearance.
http://www.am920.ca/news.php?area=details&cat_id=4&art_id=13396

sweetnurse64

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 12:33:33 AM »
Hi; just following this after I saw the name on the O.P.P. missing persons site. I noticed that no one has posted on it for a long time and the last post said that the cops might have found something of interest when they did that ground search. Then there's nothing posted after that! I guess if her name is still on the missing persons site it wasn't her but it looked like a few people were going to be following up on a few things and then nobody posted any more. Just wondering...  ???

Im_new_here2

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
WoW When you read the police article about the case it`s pretty clear that the police have no dought who committed the crime anyone that new lisa it is most likely common knowledge to them who he is as well . From what i understand The police simply don`t have any evidence it must all be circumstantial . Iam not too sure about our canadian history and if we even can arrest someone with out having a body It sure sounds like thats the real problem here they can`t find Lisa .If they do my guess is that this case will be solved in no time . Makes you wonder though this guy that they say is the poi and the fact they cant arrest him likely because of no body it make me wonder is this guy just exstreamly lucky that where ever he put her it hasn`t been located or on a more scary thought is he that good at getting rid of a body that after 25yrs no one has found it ...

PS. Too the person that lives on a adjoining property and wondering about the wells . They do say in the article at least that yes there were a few wells on the property checked ..

me

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 07:38:36 AM »
I don't know how long this video link will work, CTV seems to delete/redirect videos pretty quickly.  I will keep an eye out for a written article, but so far I haven't seen one.  http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=917201

me

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 07:51:38 AM »
Just in case the video link won't work, the two young men who believe that they have found evidence relating to Lisa Maas disappearance are Nick Oldreive and Anthony Fox.  They were interviewed by CTV News, showed photographs of items that they found and turned over to police.  The video states that they started a website to generate tips, but no website address was provided.  Police stated that they would prefer that tips come through them

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 08:41:20 AM »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 03:55:23 PM »
Hi Nick,

You can either post the information yourself, on this thread, or send me a personal message and I can do it for you. 

Thanks,
Debbie