Author Topic: Henrietta Millek - Missing - Dec 10, 1982 - St John's, Nfld  (Read 11431 times)

kindheart

Henrietta Millek - Missing - Dec 10, 1982 - St John's, Nfld
« on: January 01, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »
Henrietta  Mille
Twenty-five year old Henrietta Mille vanished from St.John's December 10, 1982.  Her purse, containing her keys, bank book, address book and personal items were found at the Key Club in St. John's. Earlier that night, Henrietta was having trouble with a couple of men in the club. She never returned to the Club to retrieve her purse.  The bank account has not been accessed since her disappearance.
Police say it was not unlikely that she left against her own will.

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Henrietta Millek - Missing - Dec 10, 1982 - St John's, Nfld
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »
This is totally scary that someone could disappear without a trace. Was she working at that place or was she there with friends? Someone must have seen her leave. If she was having trouble with some men in the place why didn't someone come to her aid. There isn't very much information given related to the incident. Maybe there should be a reinvestigation on this disappearance and a news story done to see if maybe someone will come forward. Sometimes they have fear and do not want to give information. They can always call Crime Stoppers, they don't have to give their identity. Sure hope something comes up that even after this long time her people can find out what happened to her.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 12:20:27 PM »
I get the feeling the police are kind of hinting those men in the night club are POI in this. I wish they said what kind of relationship they had.

Shelly Stokes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »
Henriette was not working in that Club,  she was out with friends that night.  Check my postings and  "MY COMPOSITE SKETCH"  on Dana Bradley board.  This same man was one of the people who met up with her in that parking lot,  The man I refer to as dead was someone she had been seeing off and on prior to her dissappearance.

iknowwhodiditalso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 01:02:10 AM »
Police have been told who killed her and where her body still lays today, but apparently she isn't enough of a case breaker or she isn't worth the cities money to look for her, police and the city forget that this girl is still a human being and has people still that love her and want her at rest, she's worth looking for, they know where she is right now, but that would cost the city money and time and man power, she just didn't make the news like dana bradley ....god rest her soul...and it isn't enough of a case that would make them fulfil their career.  She left the club that night with 3 men, two of which are deceased today but one still lives and is still not paying for what he did to this young beautiful girl.  Let the man know that's still alive....that a police officer comes along that actually gives a sh** about finding this woman...i will be there to help him.  All I want is for this woman to be put to rest.  My question is....is there actually a cop around here in newfoundland that will care enough about this girl that will want to find her?  I always had faith in the police officers here in newfoundland but since her death, since they were given the info they needed to find her, to me..... they're no different than the police in the big huge cities that leave murders of innocent women to die amongst the others like they never mattered in this world.  rest in peace my unfound friend henrietta.....some day they'll listen baby girl.....until then ......sleep with the angels

Sleuth

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 02:51:14 AM »
Welcome aboard iknowwhodiditalso!!! I hear what you are saying loud and clear!!!!! You have to make a lot of noise. Go to the newspapers. Go to the Mayor. Go to City Council. Go, go, go, and then go again. Write to the Mayor and cc the world. Write, write and write some more. One of our long standing members, Lost, will have a lot to say about those who are suppose to uphold the law and find the missing and arrest the perp, and convict the perp. They do a very poor job in some places.
Shelly Stokes; never to be forgotten.   
Police have been told who killed her and where her body still lays today, but apparently she isn't enough of a case breaker or she isn't worth the cities money to look for her, police and the city forget that this girl is still a human being and has people still that love her and want her at rest, she's worth looking for, they know where she is right now, but that would cost the city money and time and man power, she just didn't make the news like dana bradley ....god rest her soul...and it isn't enough of a case that would make them fulfil their career.  She left the club that night with 3 men, two of which are deceased today but one still lives and is still not paying for what he did to this young beautiful girl.  Let the man know that's still alive....that a police officer comes along that actually gives a sh** about finding this woman...i will be there to help him.  All I want is for this woman to be put to rest.  My question is....is there actually a cop around here in newfoundland that will care enough about this girl that will want to find her?  I always had faith in the police officers here in newfoundland but since her death, since they were given the info they needed to find her, to me..... they're no different than the police in the big huge cities that leave murders of innocent women to die amongst the others like they never mattered in this world.  rest in peace my unfound friend henrietta.....some day they'll listen baby girl.....until then ......sleep with the angels

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 12:22:30 AM »
I agree with Sleuth. WOW! Hope someone will check it out!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
Sleuth, I agree with you on what you are saying. Make a lot of noise on this one. Get the media on this at once. Get CTV news there and have this on the National at 11:00 p.m.  Get it on your local news. Get a prayer vigil going with candles. Get the community wired up about this case, this is pathetic news to hear. This could happen to any person if they were out in the evening, it is very scary. And I am across the pond and I never ever thought that Newfoundlanders had this cold place in their heart for someone. I know a lot of Newfoundland people that have settled on Cape Breton Island and I cannot believe that they could believe this is happening on their big Island. I always thought the Newfoundlanders had big warm hearts, but this certainly doesn't sound like the Newfy style. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »
I read up on this case this weekend. Someone pointed out that there were, interestingly, several girls who also went missing from the St. John's area, in different years, but all around the Christmas holiday season. Each has similarities of the person missing when going about in public with their daily lives. The theory is that a person could be visiting, or coming home, for the holidays. They are:

1978-Dec. 29 - Sharon Drover
1981-Dec. 18 - Dana Bradley
1982-Dec. 10 - Henrietta Mille
1984-Nov. 12 - Pamela Asprey

iknowwhodiditalso, are you referring to the POI listed on several other posts who has quite the criminal history and also has a history as being a protected informant for the authorities?  If this is so, and you read the information on this person, one could say perhaps there would be many individuals afraid to come forward, especially if it shows it doesn't get anywhere, anyway. The fear is what this person is capable of doing. Could this be the reason for inaction.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »
concerned; in answer to your question (sorry for butting in here concerned and iknowwhodiditalso...no disrespect...just can resist)  concerned, you might want to read a bit on Shelly Stokes site as well.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 10:58:52 PM »
Thank you Lostlinganer, I checked out two of her sites, interesting, and will definitely read more when I'm not so tired. Thank you for the suggestion.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:20:31 PM by debbiec »

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »
I don't recall sketeches of those men in beige coats being released. If not, I wonder why.