Author Topic: Stephanie CYR -SAINT-BASILE NB June 5th 1998  (Read 9954 times)

kindheart

Stephanie CYR -SAINT-BASILE NB June 5th 1998
« on: January 01, 2008, 08:03:54 PM »

Date of Birth: 26 February 1980
Sex: Female
Hair: Red
Eye: Green
Height: 183 cm (Unknown)
Weight: 86 kg (191 lb)
Additional Information: Stephanie's photograph has been age-progressed to 21 years old.
Alias(es): St?phanie CYR

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 08:09:16 PM by kindheart »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Stephanie CYR -SAINT-BASILE NB June 5th 1998
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:15:39 AM »
A person sent this message about this case wtih no contact info:

I think she sat next to my niece on a flight from Washington, DC to Denver around this time frame. She loaned my niece an iPOD or something similar to listen to during the flight. She was wearing either platform shoes or heels and was very tall with red hair. She said she met a man from Texas on the Internet who sent her a plane ticket and was going to meet her in Denver. She was suppose to meet his plane that arrived after her flight. I looked for a security guard to help her but the gate area cleared out quickly and there was no one around. We looked at the arriving flights and I gave her a vague direction to head toward because I did not know the airport very well. My niece was born in 1977 and the girl was a couple of years younger. Could be the same girl but I am not certain. It has haunted me that I did not intervene but I did not want to get my niece and myself involved in a stupid or dangerous situation. The girl was wearing the clothes and makeup appropriate for an older person than she said she was. If her parents allowed her to dress like that, I figured they'd have to deal with the consequences. My niece was coming to Denver to participate in a 4H Beef Club competition and was brought up with tight supervision. This girl was not the type I wanted my niece to associate with.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »
So in /98, you niece was 19 yo...so this girl was maybe 21.   I think even back in 1998, if a person of any age mentioned to me that they were meeting someone they knew only from the internet, I would be my usual obnoxious self and say "are you crazy girl?"  ....that's they way I am...can't keep my mouth shut at all.  ...Chris; do you think that's really her?   I don't see any other missing info. like where she was last etc.

Karyn10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:08:12 AM »
I have been thought to be Stephanie Cyr.  My life was turned upside down - lost job in 2008 in large part to this.  Any information would be helpful as to this case.  I've attached pictures of myself.

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 01:59:44 PM »
Does anyone have any further info surrounding her cases, such as when last seen and where etc? I have never received any response from Law Enforcement and would really like to have more detail for her case file.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:57:25 PM by debbiec »

york3404

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:09:29 PM »
Would anyone know if she had fillings in her teeth?

GSAR_Mbr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 02:52:34 PM »
Historical Article from the Daily Gleaner - Published August 15th 1998

ST. BASILE -- Stephanie Cyr's family has solicited the help of northern Maine and western New Brunswick media to bring the missing teenager back across the border.

The 18-year-old was reported missing to Edmundston City Police on June 5 and has since been spotted on several occasions by family members and friends in Caribou, Me.

That was as recently as two weeks ago, Sgt. Gilles Lee said.

Police, however, have not seen her and until the department is 100 per cent sure she is there, she is still classified as missing.

"We believe she is alive and well and that was a big concern initially," Lee said.

The St. Basile youth was last seen at a youth gathering, shortly before midnight on June 5. The police were notified when she failed to turn up for work the following morning.

Stephanie had at one time indicated she wanted to live in a big American city.

A recent appeal was made to Stephanie on Maine radio stations, informing her that her grandfather had died. She was urged to contact her family, either directly or through a neutral person.

Lee said his force has transferred its file on Stephanie to the border patrol. He admitted law enforcers have been slow to locate the runaway teen.

Stephanie Cyr stands six feet tall, weighs approximately 190 pounds and has long reddish brown hair and blue-green eyes.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts can contact the Edmundston City Police, Zone 3, at (506) 263-1313 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

GSAR_Mbr