Author Topic: Sharon Drover - December 29, 1978 St John's NFLD  (Read 39264 times)

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
Re: Sharon Drover - December 29, 1978 St John's NFLD
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »
That's awful, Navy perfume. I used to get faxes all the time but of course, they didn't come through on a phone. Hope some answers come from this new investigation.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »
Hi Navy,

Someone on this site called the police on you?

chickapey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
I've been following these cases for a while because my moms's family is from Newfoundland since I'm not from there, I don't have any help.  I just wanted to say Thank you to NavyPerfume for calling and reporting your story. I hope the police use your information and you can remember where they took you with out too much trauma to yourself. I'm sorry someone called the police on you. You've done nothing wrong!  :(

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 09:07:04 AM »
Navy perfume, I'm glad you have been in contact with the police about your experience with being abducted by two brothers in the same area/time frame though sorry that as a victim you were "reported" to the police by someone on this site!  I would think your evidence would be of some use as a crime was committed against you and you must have some recollections of the description of the men and the fact that they were brothers. At the beginning of this thread it is reported that two brothers apparently picked up Sharon or someone resembling her and told police they dropped her off near the boarding school. I wonder if your description of the two brothers and their vehicle might match the police records of the two brothers that came forward as witnesses? A long shot I know, as if they were guilty they probably wouldn't have contacted police, but you never know.

It must be very hard to remember where  you were taken if it was in the wilderness but it's possible Sharon's body could be burried there. I think it might be possible to research who these two brothers were by talking to locals of the same age who lived in the area at the time. If they abducted you, they must have done this to other women who kept the secret. Approximately how old were they at the time? I'm assuming they were very local due to knowledge of the area.

Hitchhiking was commonplace in the seventies and we all know how dangerous that was now, but I did it myself as a young woman.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:14:49 AM by leonagleant »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 08:55:54 AM »
Good for you Navy;  don't lose hope or confidence in yourself.  We in this forum are very familiar with the "way it works"... and most people reading can also "read between the lines". 

Just keep yourself grounded and take comfort in the fact that you rose above it all and took a giant step.  I know it is not easy when the "powers that be" always seem to take pleasure in turning our "giant step" into a weak limp.  It seems to me, that is what most of them are there for ... to push anyone back who comes forward with work for them to do....

I always get the impression that if you haven't got all the work done for them in advance, they are not interested ..... like "get away from us if you haven't got a smoking gun and video; we got enough to do."  >:(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 02:37:40 PM »
Applause to you, Navy for doing what you have done. Be careful for your safety though. If those two brothers are still in that area, you may be in danger. And definitely do not hestitate to go higher than the police department. Go to the Crown Prosecutor's office and tell him your story, make it known that you are not going to let this lie down. Those two brothers may have done harm to Sharon. What is the matter with the police department's, don't they want to solve crimes, what in the hell are they getting paid for, sitting at the donut shop. I know there are some police officers that work hard, but how in the name of all that is good, can they let a female's disappearance go away from their minds. I wonder what they would do if it was their sister, their mother, their niece, their brother of family member. I'd bet the wheels would be turning pretty quickly then.  Come on, let us hear some new movement on Sharon's case. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

wherearethey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 12:03:24 PM »
Does anyone know if Sharon was going with someone when she disappeared? I had lived in a boarding house the summer before she disappeared and another guy there was going with her. They broke up and she went out with another guy whose brother came back after the first boyfriend for some reason. I saw the brother she went with a couple of times and he didn't seem right and had been drinking when I saw him.

islandgirl64

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 10:57:16 AM »
Two brother in the bradley case also i believe

navyperfume

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 03:25:39 PM »
2 brothers in all 4 cases