Author Topic: Sharon Drover - December 29, 1978 St John's NFLD  (Read 39246 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Sharon Drover - December 29, 1978 St John's NFLD
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 05:50:51 AM »
Wow....what a scary story, navyperfume.  Glad you got away okay....with just the scary memories. 

I am wondering if you could see if there is documentation, after all these years.  Either at the Pleasantville School or the Police Station.  Your story sounds very believable..... and the guy probably did stop due to your period.  It could be possible that the school just kept the problem internally, and not phoned the Cops.  I would think if they had called the Cops, they would have come and interviewed you. 
Do you remember exactly where they took you?  Where that pond is?   You mentioned that you think they took you to McDonalds....that is where Sharon went for her paycheque, but didn't arrive...hmmm

Thankfully you survived a scary ordeal.  Seems to me it is worth investigating, if you can.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
Hi Navy,  To contact a mod .. Go to your last message look at the bottom right side    Report to moderator.  Chris or Debbie will contact you by pm.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »
If no one has contacted you yet, please read my PM and I can help.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »

Hi navy. I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel comfortable now. I hope you'll continue to post. I've also been reading your posts on Samantha Dawn Toole's thread.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
Just take a small breather, navyperfume.  Sometimes when we divulge traumatic memories it drains us and maybe even makes us feel we shouldn't have said anything.  You may be onto a connection, though.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 04:33:02 PM »
Just want to say that I am no longer a victim, I am a strong woman that cares and I am come forward.

Good for you navy. I'm glad you found the strength to get this out and move forward. As you said you are stronger, no longer a victim. It's great that you have faced your fear and will no longer allow those people to have power over your life. In the process you may help others.

So, people...why do you think people don'y come forward?

This is a question that Chris has posted on the front page of this site. Many people have responded with varying reasons why they think people don't come forward.

bstnncy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »
its sad to have you leave,cause it takes that one person to speek out,and you never know what it can bring,and that one person right now is you,never mind what other people think,its not about them,its about the young girl,that got taken away from her love ones thanks :)

Dulsebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2012, 09:56:31 AM »
I guess some posts were removed before I got a chance to read them.
I have no reason not to believe navy perfume. It's scary that those guys may still be out there. Your posts could save someone else, Navy Perfume.

rainstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
I admire you for coming forward with your story. It must have been very frightening. Its probably still on your mind a lot. Hopefully your experience with these two brothers can shed some light in others who were nit as lucky as you.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 03:23:02 PM »
If you are expecting a reply by mail, you might want to give it another week or so.  That's my suggestion.  When I wrote to a few different Police Departments, it took around a month to hear back. 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 06:52:31 AM »
Well, actually you might be correct navyperfume it might be wise to make a call on Monday morning.   

Someone I know wanted to press assault charges, and the Cop didn't follow up, he went on holidays and didn't pass the info on to his replacement.  At this point the Duty Counsel is making a big deal out of the Cop not taking the complaint seriously.

So, I guess my point is that sometimes you do have to do your own follow up rather than wait, like you are saying.

Rice

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 11:59:49 AM »
My mother is sharons sister, blood sister and as all of the family split up my mom and sharon got put in the same foster home and grew up together, my mother most have been lost when this happened and still thinks about her to this day. It could be possible for any of these cases you meantion to be her but we dont know for sure. The california case someone had meantioned is not her, a cop called my house a few years back about it and she had dna tests done.. that came back negative. Hopefully we will find out what happened to her someday..

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 12:11:44 PM »
Why do family members feel Sharon left town suddenly without picking up her paycheque at McDonalds? Is there any reason to believe she would so such a thing or is it just wishful thinking?

Rice

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Sharon, if your out there and maybe come accross this someday.. this is your sister theresa and i want you to know i miss you so much. I Love You <3

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
That is great news!   

I see they are saying there is a possibility that the 3 missing women cases could possibly be connected:

Sharon Drover       1978
           Henrietta Millek      1982
           Pamela Asprey       1984
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:01:41 PM by jobo »