Author Topic: Captured Long-Time Fugitives  (Read 2004 times)

Tony Righy

Captured Long-Time Fugitives
« on: December 31, 2007, 02:41:48 AM »
I'd like to make a list of recently captured long-time fugitives to see if there is any pattern:

John Ambrozuk, BC, 24 years as fugitive, found 2006 Plano, Texas (victim Diane Babcock, 18, killed on flight to Vancouver when they intentially crashed their plane in Montana on elopment scheme)

John James Stewart, BC, 28 years a fugitive, found 2007 Carson City, Nevada (victim 9 year old girl and others raped) Age when captured 62.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Captured Long-Time Fugitives
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:51:34 AM »
I do think it is a trend. MOst police depts have opened cold case units and now have specific units for sex offences. Law Enforcment has made HUGE changes in the past few years thanks to technology and a shift in the political arena that stopped being soft on crime.

I am certain there will be many more cases solved in the near future.

Tony Righy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:50:08 PM »
The first BC guy was caught on a neighbour's tip and the second BC guy was caught when his DNA from his Canadian crimes matched those of his alter ego's DNA from an L.A. crime. Not from a major manhunt, which wouldn't happen even for Osama Bin Laden after two decades.

I can't seem to find any other Canadian cases. The majority of long term fugitives are of the unidentified variety and therefore uncaptured.

The south though is looking good for Dennis Melvin Howe based on 2 for 2.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 02:19:26 AM »
Well he best no be in Texas. That place seems to be on teh cutting edge of fighting crime.

I am most pleased at inter police agency cooperation these days. It makes things easier that way.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »
Texas is also known to carry out the death penalty more than any other state if I'm not mistaken.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »
Yes, I used to live there. They sure do put a lot of people in death row.