Author Topic: Thomas Svekla Trial  (Read 51248 times)

Carol-Lynn

Re: Thomas Svekla Trial
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2008, 09:45:58 AM »
Dose anyone remember the guy they were looking for in a motor home.? This is going a while back in the trial when he was first busted.
That being said I sure hope they checked out the Bates Motel on 17th St and Yellow head trail. ???

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2008, 11:12:04 AM »

I know what you are talking about, but can't spell the guys name. Des knows. Dale Hasenclever? Both him and his motorhome, disappeared the same time, that Svekla was driving down from High Level with Theresa Innes, who was dead in a hockey bag.

The motorhome, was in Grande Prairie.It was a beige/white color, aren't they all? Anyway, I haven't heard if it was found or not.It was big, and the kind that is all one piece, you drive where you live.

We had pics of it here, but it must of been the site that was hacked down, I can't find it. ??? ??? You thinking it could be at the Bates Motel?  :o

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »
Decided to put this link up again, from the Edmonton Journal, and Svekla.

Please press link for more news, videos, and information.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/features/svekla/index.html

'You didn't destroy us,' Svekla told
Mike Innes, second from left, leaves the provincial courthouse building where Thomas Svekla received a life sentence Monday for the murder of Theresa Innes, Mike Innes' mother. The women walking with Innes are unidentified.
Murderer gets life sentence, no chance of parole for 17 years

Two years after their mother was murdered, Mike Innes still gets regular calls from his younger brother.

Snagged spotlight with a finger on his lips

Convicted killer and pedophile Thomas Svekla calls it the gesture that made him famous.

Tom Svekla's secret life

One summer night some 20 years ago, Tom Svekla, then a teenager of about 17, hammered his bloody hand on the door of an acreage house, asking for someone to let him in. A teenage girl, a friend, appeared...

Cunning practitioners of the 'pity play'
An alleged victim of Thomas Svekla is comforted.;'V' told police that Svekla tried to pull down her pants and threatened to kill her. The case has yet to reach court, but V testified at Svekla's murder trial about the alleged attack.

Leading psychiatric researchers are convinced there exists a type of person known as the psychopath, unemotional and sinister men and women who are different from the rest of us right down to the basic...

The stepfather, the pedophile

Charges against Svekla for the sexual assault of a minor -- M's own nine-year-old daughter -- ended their marriage. The extent of his pedophilia is not fully known. He has one criminal conviction and...

Heart of darkness

The final act of Svekla's disintegration played out in the town of High Level, his own heart of darkness. No longer fit or able or willing to pass himself off as a normal person in middle-class society...

Svekla guilty of murder in Innes death
Family and friends of Rachel Quinney and Theresa Innes hug after holding a smudge ceremony outside the Edmonton courthouse, before the verdict was delivered in the double-murder trial of Thomas Svekla.

Thomas Svekla has been found guilty of second-degree murder in the death of Theresa Innes, and not guilty of killing Rachel Quinney.

No proof Svekla killed, says defence
Thomas Svekla

There is nothing to prove that Thomas Svekla killed two drug-addicted prostitutes: no forensic evidence, nothing resembling a confession and a parade of unreliable, tainted witnesses who lied under oath...

Strong evidence Svekla guilty: Crown
Thomas Svekla on the first day of his trial in February.

Thomas Svekla?s bizarre behaviour and conversational slip-ups provide strong evidence that he killed Theresa Innes, the Crown said this morning during closing arguments in the case of the alleged prostitute...

Judge admits choking evidence
Thomas Svekla on the first day of his trial in February.

The judge presiding over Thomas Svekla?s double-murder trial has admitted similar-fact evidence showing the alleged killer choked and assaulted two women in separate incidents nearly two decades apart...

Judge ponders choking evidence
File photo of Thomas George Svekla.

The judge presiding over Thomas Svekla's double murder trial must now decide whether to accept evidence that the alleged killer has demonstrated a penchant for choking women.

Woman recalls threatening encounter
Thomas Svekla

Another woman testified today that alleged prostitute killer Thomas Svekla threatened to choke her and forced her to have sex with him.

Old friend's visit to Svekla 'bone-chilling'
Thomas Svekla

When Rebecca Kroetsch visited Thomas Svekla in jail two years ago, she felt like the character who visits fictional serial killer Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, she said outside court after ...

* More

Web Extras

* Video: Rachel Quinney vigil
    * Video: Svekla verdict
    * Video: Svekla dares police to charge him with 14 murders
    * Audio: Svekla learns sister believes he may have killed Innes in December 2005
    * Transcript: Svekla learns sister believes he may have killed Innes in December 2005
    * Audio: Phone conversation between Svekla and his sister Donna Parkinson on Aug. 26, 2006.
    * Audio: Phone conversation between Svekla and his sister Donna Parkinson on Aug. 27, 2006.
    * Week One: The trial so far
    * Timeline: Events leading up to the double-murder trial of Thomas Svekla
    * Transcript: The second major interrogation, May 9, 2006 (PDF)
    * Transcript: Svekla learns he is a suspect in eight murders, May 9, 2006 (PDF)
    * Transcript: Svekla sends a Mother's Day card, May 13, 2006 (PDF)
    * Transcript: Svekla worries about being called a "hooker killer," May 18, 2006 (PDF)
    * Transcript: Svekla calls in the body find, Oct. 24, 2007 (PDF)
    * Transcript: Discussion with Alberto Choy, Nov. 20, 2007 (PDF)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:24:29 PM by Adrian »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2008, 06:40:20 PM »
I'm so glad this disgusting excuse for a human being is not free to hurt anymore women. However, I really have my doubts that we will ever know the full extent of his killing spree. What makes these monsters tick? Things seem to have cooled off since he was convicted. People not talking about it as much. Maybe people think they are safe now, but I think there are more just like him out there. I know on here we will not forget.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2008, 08:46:15 PM »

Svekla is not the only one debbie, I think he had friends as equally as screwed up as him. The same with Pickton. Pickton said 17, Svekla said 3, and a farm!

The spiderweb has grown, and there are many crimes, in other Towns etc..., Good old mobility. I even heard of a bus, that Debbie Lake lived in before she was killed.

Also have to say, I hear that some of the gals have been taken to outer city limits, and thrown out, and their shoes taken away, so they are barefoot, and alone, at night. If you check out serial killers, I got a link put up, that shows where the drops are.Plus more activity.

They have about 16 pinpointed, and we have over 80+ missing or murdered in Alberta.

Alot of the missing are not put out by Kare for Months, and months.

Thx for taking an interest, I am really trying, to find an ending to this.This was covered up for so many years, it is astonishing. ::) ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »
I was watching the story about Henry Lee Lucas, and somehow, him and O'Tool, another serial killer hooked up and did stuff together.

It makes me wonder if twisted minds find each other. These guys met at a gay bar or party or something. I heard pedophiles have a way of deteticing each other, do serial killers too?

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2008, 05:33:33 AM »

I am starting to think, that the Police, may have a suspect or two. I do believe there is another killer here.(part of a group). Every thing twisted ,The work of the sexually, sadistic, homicidal, maniac.He loves to cruise, just loves it. Slow, easy, then BANG! he sees his prey. He smiles.

Why are there so many missing? The roads are every which way, the guy knows the area, for sure. He knows it well. Wouldn't surprise me if he lived around there.
Maybe he lives in the city? Something has to give!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

Svekla already said others were involved, even talking of a "FARM', and others as equally dangerous as he was. Plus he was in jail for some of the other killings/disappearances, in both High Level, and here in Edmonton. Leanne Benwell, Briann Torvalson, maybe Bonnie Jack.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2008, 02:34:29 PM »

SVEKLA::::
In Court Again: This whacko liked his hands around a ladies throat....Svekla in Peace River for 3 days.
By CURTIS HAUGAN, SUN MEDIA

PEACE RIVER -- Convicted killer Thomas Svekla has been given a three-day break from his second-degree murder life sentence, but he'll be spending it in the Peace River courthouse.

Svekla, 40, is standing trial for the Aug. 4, 2005 alleged sexual assault of a High Level aboriginal woman as well as uttering death threats.

The complainant, who cannot be named due to a publication ban, was the first to be questioned by Crown prosecutor Karl Wilberg and defence lawyer Lauren Garcia.

She told the Court of Queen's Bench yesterday that she and a friend were drinking and walking the streets of High Level the night of Aug. 3 and early morning of Aug. 4, 2005 when they were confronted by Svekla.

Svekla, who was riding his bike, allegedly asked her if she would like to come over to his basement suite to have some drinks. She said yes.

Once in his place, she noticed Svekla clearing off items on his bed before joining her on his couch.

She alleged he began to touch her leg at which point she stood up and said she had to go, court heard.

"He attacked me from behind," she said, pausing for tears. "He grabbed my throat and my hair ... I thought I was going to die, I couldn't do anything."

She said that he tried to take off her pants and began to "force kiss" her and touch her breasts, while she began to get dizzy and weak.

"(Svekla) said he was going to break my neck and put my body where nobody was going to find it," she added.

The complainant said she did the only thing that came to her mind, she played dead.

Svekla relented. Then when he turned his back she grabbed her shoes and ran out the door with him chasing behind.

"I ran and screamed," she told Garcia during questioning.

The court played an audio recording of an RCMP interview with Svekla dated Aug. 5, 2005. In it, Svekla told RCMP he asked the complainant over to his house, thinking she might clean it in exchange for a place to stay.

"I didn't want to have sex with her," he said. "I was lonely. I just wanted to have company."

Once there, Svekla said she began to be unreasonable, asking for drugs and liquor, which he said he didn't have.

"I said you have to go," said Svekla in the interview. "I pushed her up the stairs."

Svekla was unable in the recorded conversation to account for the bruises the complainant suffered to her neck, back, nose and chest.

Svekla was convicted on June 3 of second-degree murder in the slaying of prostitute Theresa Innes, 36.

He was also found guilty of offering an indignity to a body for transporting Innes's wire-bound and wrapped remains in a hockey bag from High Level to his sister's garage in Fort Saskatchewan in 2006.

However, Svekla was acquitted on identical charges in the 2004 death of prostitute Rachel Quinney, 19. He is appealing the conviction.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2008, 01:07:42 AM »
I hope they get him on this charge. Clearly this man is a sexual predator.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:10 PM »

Let us hope, he gets more time, that fraking killer, predator, and pedophile.!!!

By CURTIS HAUGAN, SUN MEDIA

PEACE RIVER -- Convicted killer Thomas Svekla will be sentenced Oct. 10 after being found guilty of sexual assault and uttering death threats.

The trial by jury ended Thursday, a day earlier than anticipated. It cut short Svekla's break from prison, where he is serving a life sentence for second-degree murder for the 2006 killing of Theresa Innes.

The sex assault victim, who cannot be named due to a publication ban, told the Court of Queen's Bench that in the early morning of Aug. 4, 2005, Svekla invited her to his basement suite in High Level, 738 km northwest of Edmonton, for drinks.

Once there, he attacked her.

"He attacked me from behind," she told the court. "He grabbed my throat and my hair ... I thought I was going to die, I couldn't do anything."

She said he tried to take off her pants and began to "force kiss" her and touch her breasts, while she began to get dizzy and weak.

"(Svekla) said he was going to break my neck and put my body where nobody was going to find it," she added.

The victim said she did the only thing that came to her mind: she played dead. When he relented, she escaped.

He was convicted on June 3 of second-degree murder in the slaying of Innes, 36.

Svekla was also found guilty of offering an indignity to a body for transporting Innes's wire-bound and wrapped remains in a hockey bag from High Level to his sister's garage in Fort Saskatchewan in 2006.

Svekla was acquitted on identical charges in the 2004 death of prostitute Rachel Quinney, 19.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2018, 12:19:13 AM »
To bring this up to date.

Can't locate the background, but it appears as though his sentence was changed from  years, to indefinite - He was designated a dangerous offender and will be locked up indefinitely.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sex-killer-thomas-svekla-locked-up-indefinitely-1.516309

snipped

he Canadian Press
Published Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:56PM EDT
EDMONTON - An Alberta judge has ruled that a prostitute killer and violent sex offender is dangerous and must stay in prison indefinitely.
The decision in Court of Queen's Bench on Thursday is the end of a legal odyssey for Thomas Svekla, 42, a one-time mechanic who once boasted about being a serial killer.
"Mr. Svekla has a pathology for which there is no cure," Justice Kristine Eidsvik said in her ruling. "It's remarkable the number of people he has injured or harmed."