Author Topic: Missing in Manitoba  (Read 7692 times)

Desespere

Missing in Manitoba
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:40:33 AM »
I have only a couple recorded missing in Manitoba. I will post more as I do more research. I have details of these missing people and will post as time permits. If the missing person was a known sex trade worker that is indicated by STW at the end of each summary.

Sunshine April Hilda Wood Alias: Sunny
DOB: 04/06/87
Missing
Date last seen: February 20, 2004
Location last seen: Winnipeg, MB
Child

Sylvia Ann Guiboche
DOB:
Missing
Date last seen: July, 2003
Location last seen: Manitoba
STW

itdoesntmatter

• View Profile
Re: Missing in Manitoba
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:31:40 AM »
I lived in Manitoba during 1969 and remember a case of a guy disappearing from the CFB Rivers base around late Aug, early Sept of 69.  I don't recall his name.  He was last known to be in the Wheatland area, just outside the base parameters. Can't find anything online about it though..not that surprising since he was armed forces.

itdoesntmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 05:57:07 PM »
About the post I did above ^^^^

This is now being handled by the military police.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:27:44 PM »
I read this article from August 26, 2009 today, and I have got to say, I'm impressed. Any one-year updates?

Task force to probe missing, murdered women in Manitoba
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 | 8:50 PM CT
CBC News

Highlights:
 - The Manitoba government, RCMP and Winnipeg Police Service formally established a task force Wednesday to review cases involving missing and murdered women in the province. "The province is supporting police in this vital task," Attorney General Dave Chomiak said.
- The unit will help move these investigations to the next level.
- Members of the Manitoba Integrated Task Force for Missing and Murdered Women are experienced investigators, Chomiak said, noting the unit includes three RCMP officers, two RCMP analysts and four officers from the Winnipeg Police Service.
- RCMP Assistant Commissioner Bill Robinson said: "We understand that the families and loved ones of missing persons and victims of crime are eager to have their many questions answered. By bringing members of the RCMP and the Winnipeg Police Service to work more closely together in one location, we aim to hasten the process of providing some answers to their many questions."
- "What makes this different from everything else that we've been doing is these people will be dedicated on a full-time basis to reviewing the file of murdered women and missing women where foul play is suspected....
- At the end of the day what we hope to do is look at these files for links, and then bring in people that can help us, such as behavioural-science folks from our national headquarters or from other areas of the country that can look and tell us what links possibly exist and to tell us how we might attack those processes."
- At least 16 officers from the RCMP and Winnipeg police should be dedicated to investigating the growing number of women who have gone missing, many of whom are aboriginal, she said.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2009/08/26/mb-task-force-murdered-manitoba.html