Author Topic: Marie Elizabeth Bain | Missing | June 1990  (Read 65335 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Marie Elizabeth Bain | Missing | June 1990
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
Well at least we know it wasn't Magnotta as he would have been only eight years old at the time! Do you have a link that describes him living two blocks from Bernardo? There has been a rumour that his mother knew Bernardo (he and she would have been in the same age range since she was a teen when she gave birth to Magnotta).

Coral

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »
Leonagleant, I heard that Magnotta lived near Bernardo on 680 news, a local Toronto news radio channel, so sorry, I don't have a link.  I don't like reading about Magnotta's case because it is so nauseating, but if I come across the info. in writing, I will post it.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »
Thanks. Pretty demoralizing for Scarborough to have all these depraved killers from there. Seems they serve as negative role models (e.g. Magnotta's obsession with Karla Homolka). When a reporter asked Magnotta (years ago when interviewing him on the dating Homolka rumour story) if he was trying to look like Bernardo, he just smiled.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »
Don't you wish she would 're-appear' so we would know where to look?  (keep your mind open for her to come again)....

Some say Lake Scugog area.....I am not so sure, since her car was found on Kingston Road (correct?) and then we have the 401 close by.
There was someone that came forward and said they saw a commotion in a car on the 401....BUT...then someone else came forward and said they saw her in Port Perry area...(hence Lk Scugog)...two different directions.
Very upsetting to not have answers for such a beautiful woman who has never been found.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »
NEWS in this case: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/new-evidence-uncovered-in-elizabeth-bain-murder-case-1.1735199
I am copying the above article, as links are very often deleted. This is important evidence, and thanks for posting it.

CTV Toronto
 Published Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:19PM EDT 

A lawsuit launched in 2010 has uncovered new evidence in the Elizabeth Bain murder case.

Court documents reveal a handwritten note by retired homicide investigator Brian Raybould could challenge the police timeline of the case.

Bain's boyfriend Robert Baltovich was found guilty of second-degree murder in 1992. He spent eight years in jail and eight on bail before he was acquitted in 2008 during a retrial

New evidence uncovered in Elizabeth Bain murder   
Elizabeth Bain is seen in this undated photo.

Baltovich's lawyers have asked the courts to look at a note written three days after his arrest in November 1990.

The note, written by Raybould, details a meeting with forensic experts regarding blood that was found in Bain's car.

It challenges the police theory that Baltovich had allegedly transported Bain's body to its final resting place three days after she was murdered.

The note was discovered by Baltovich's lawyers in 2013.

Bain was 22 at the time she went missing in June 1990. Her body was never found.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2014, 01:07:46 PM »
Thanks for the up-date....let's hope this case is solved.  Sad that Elizabeth has never been found.

And, Coral, from what I remember about Magnotta is that he went to high school in Lindsay (I.E. Weldon).
  It was Russ Williams that lived in the general area of Bernardo, in Scarborough....and both Williams and Bernardo went to the same U of T campus in Scarborough.  The same campus Elizabeth was last seen at.
I would love to know if the police cleared Williams and Bernardo/Homolka....seems like they did, but did they?

edited to add Homolka's name
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:54:11 PM by jobo »

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2014, 01:27:13 PM »
sorry jellybean you are right better to cut and paste

NOt sure if bernardo was ever cleared, I remember wathcing the videos where they question him about it.. I feel like I recall reading somewhere the timeline they would have had to commit this crime they were at a commitment with Karla's family but I could be wrong.. its hard to tell becasue he goes into such a tangent. I would love nothing more than to hear he and Karla commited this one and she could be behind bars again.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
Truly upsetting to think that area of Scarborough had two convicted sex killers and one or two more that got away with murder (referring to Elizabeth and Margaret McWilliam). 
Actually there is many unsolved murders of women in the GTA back at that time.