Author Topic: Violent attack on stw in Nanaimo - Suspect On Video  (Read 4096 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Violent attack on stw in Nanaimo - Suspect On Video
« on: December 21, 2007, 12:42:02 AM »
From Kindheart

Please post this as it captures the suspect on video.

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_central/nanaimonewsbulletin/news/Nanaimo_sex_trade_workers_attacked_.html

Nanaimo sex trade workers attacked
By Darrell Bellaart - Nanaimo News Bulletin - December 14, 2007
Small text size Medium text size Large text size | Email to Friend   |   Print Story   |   Letter to the Editor | Share on Facebook

Surveillance video

RCMP are searching for a repeat offender in connection with two violent attacks on Nanaimo sex trade workers.

The attacks happened Sept. 8 in the Millstone Avenue-Townsite Road area and Oct. 12 in the railway yard downtown.

Both attacks left the victims seriously injured.

Given the similarities of the crimes, forensic investigators have been working to see if they are connected. This week police said they found a connection.

?It was linked by physical evidence,? said Const. Jen Allan of the Nanaimo RCMP.

?We can?t say what it is. There?s no question that we?re dealing with the same perpetrator in both of these assaults.?

Police have released a surveillance video clip of the suspect walking downtown at night, captured just seconds before meeting a victim.

?It?s the fellow in the background, wearing the T-shirt,? Allan said.

Though the image is grainy, police hope someone recognizes the suspect from his gait.

?It?s an important piece of evidence we have we wanted to share with the public,? Allan said.

Police also released a photo of a vehicle similar to that driven by the suspect ? a Dodge Ram Charger pickup truck.

The man is about 5?10?, has short red hair and wore a white T-shirt with black sleeves and a dark logo on the front. He also wore light jeans and dark shoes.

Anyone with information is urged to contact RCMP at 754-2345 or call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.

Clearskyday

• View Profile
Re: Violent attack on stw in Nanaimo - Suspect On Video
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:43:21 PM »
Hi Chris,

I was passing by, and saw your post about a "violent sex offender".  I watched the video and tried some image editing.  It still very poor, but it's possible to see that the young man looks like having a real bad face : nose, lower jaw, and more.  May be police could use these pictures if they want to.

CSD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:47:41 PM by Clearskyday »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:57:40 PM »

Hi! Looked at all the pics. It appears, he could have cotton in his cheeks, and possible his nose flattened down, by a good tape.The kind used over cuts, instead of stitches. His jaw, is thrusted out, on purposes, maybe, other wise he had a face you wouldn't want to look at.

Thanks, CSD for your work! :) :) ???

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 01:40:53 AM »

Hi! Looked at all the pics. It appears, he could have cotton in his cheeks, and possible his nose flattened down, by a good tape.The kind used over cuts, instead of stitches. His jaw, is thrusted out, on purposes, maybe, other wise he had a face you wouldn't want to look at.

Thanks, CSD for your work! :) :) ???

Hi dear Adrian,

His jaw, nose and forhead seem white, so you may be right.  He must use some kind of tricks to mask his face I never heard about before or, like you wrote "other wise he had a face you wouldn't want to look at." :)

Good night,

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 03:20:00 AM »
Great job!

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 10:09:14 AM »
Hello dear Desespere,

You're absolutely right about that other guy, the big short fellow, but the two men seem to know eachother, they could even be accomplices.

To me, it appears that the suspected guy with the bad face began to talk to the big short man when he stepped on the sidewalk, and he kept talking with his head slightly turned toward the big fellow.  Then the later began to walk hypocritly toward the sidewalk, stopped at the corner of the building, and looked to its left watching to protect the bad face guy's back.

But the bad face seemed to abandon the idea to follow the woman when see changed direction, and almost walked toward the camera.  It feels like every one knew that there was a camera in the place.

And yes, the police is certainly better equipped to capture the guy's face, and edit enought to give the public a better idea of who they should think of. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 10:11:05 AM by Clearskyday »

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 11:04:59 AM »
I am gald they got this guy on tape and with more and more store onwers hear in Edmonton turning there cam's to the streets I think we will catch more of the people only comming out at night to harm the workers.

I am off to Calgary next week to talk to a few store owners down there,We have to start to protect the ladys and get the people who harm them.

This guys face looks to me like he was in a fight maybe he tryed to hurt the wrong girl the night before.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 06:50:07 AM »
The one thing about video, even bad video, is that if you knew the person, you can still tell it is them. So being such a small city, someone there should recognize them unless they are not from there.