Author Topic: Karla Homolka  (Read 57514 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile

RubyRose

• View Profile
Re: Karla Homolka
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2017, 12:40:22 PM »
Had never heard that her husband was her lawyer's brother, not that it's particularly relevant to anything.

Despite what the church spokesperson says in his statement, if I were the parent of a child attending that school, I would not feel reassured.  Then again, given the circumstances, my child would no longer be attending the school after this term.  I should point out I don't particularly blame the church or the administration of the school.  If they had declined to have her as a volunteer, no doubt she'd be yelling discrimination and probably threatening with a law suit.  It seems Karla must have her way and everyone else must bow down accordingly.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2017, 02:56:22 PM »
True RubyRose, Karla must have her way. Still manipulative. That is not going to change, unfortunately.

I do wonder, when her kids will have more access to internet as they get older ... what will they think when they read about her heinous acts and how it will affect them.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2017, 04:28:12 PM »
At the very least, Sap1, I would hope they have already received some form of counselling.  While they probably have no idea what is really going on, I'm sure that doesn't make their lives any easier.  I don't doubt that they pay every day for her actions.  I've often wondered if anyone has ever checked on their welfare in an official capacity.  My guess would be not.  I doubt there have ever been any complaints of abuse so the hands of the authorities would be more or less tied.  From what little we ever see or hear about the children, they would appear to be well cared for and well looked after but do we really know?  Who can tell (about anyone for that matter) what really goes on behind closed doors?  My heart goes out to them.  Three more innocent victims of these predators one of whom happens to be their mother.  A long, hard road ahead for them, I'm afraid.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2017, 11:19:34 PM »
Those two people ... Bernardo and Homolka, seem to be in a category all their own imo.  I would not be at all shocked if the day came when they team up again... putting their extreme actions against each other (after being caught) aside.  I always felt they shared the same narcissistic traits combined with some sick urge to be together.  I agree the two should have been "put down" like animals when they were caught.  They were the extreme example of a pair of serial killers acting as one.  http://m.torontosun.com/2017/05/31/families-brace-for-paul-bernardo-parole-hearing

lostlinganer

• View Profile

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2017, 06:54:07 PM »

Well, I guess that settles that!

She had placed herself in a vulnerable position by volunteering for the school.
Not one of acceptance, but one of complete rejection.

---- I give her an A for effort.

I would like to read an in-depth unbiased article on the Karla of Today.
I must admit - I am curious as to her present day state of mind.

Is it possible that a human being can make a complete turnaround in their life, after taking part in horrendous crimes?

Is there such a thing as true repentance?  Is there such a thing as a sincere desire to "contribute something positive" in some small way?"

In Karla's case, these questions remain unanswered to the public.

Only she knows the answers.
jb
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:16:25 PM by jellybean »

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »
I'm sure in some cases all these things are possible, jellybean, and that's fine if the person is indeed sincere.

I don't think that's what motivates Karla, however.  Simply put (and she's really too complex an individual for that choice of words), I believe she is narcissistic and craves attention (even if it is the wrong kind).  She'll be back in the news again.  Of course, partly, that is because the media won't leave her alone but she's aware of that, I'm sure, and will go out of her way to get their attention, if necessary.

I agree with much of what lost said regarding what would happen if she had the opportunity to team up with Bernardo (or some such similar individual) again.  I just think she's dangerous, the risks are too high and she should definitely not be around children.

Of course it is her own children who, through no fault of their own, must pay the price while she's ostracized.   I don't know whether or not I even think she has a conscience but if she does, that, too, must weigh on her mind.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2017, 05:38:30 PM »
I respectfully wonder about the present day Karla.
I have read all of the horrible things that she did with her ex husband, PB, and the enormous pain that her participation has caused.  Words cannot describe!

Let us look at the present day Karla, what do we know about her?

We know that she has not crossed the paths of the law.

We know that her children are not being abused, and are in fact protected by their parents.

We know that her husband, with all of the flack by society,  he stands by her.
In fact when pressured by people standing on their lawn demanding that they move, his reply was - "We are staying - and if you don't like it - you pack up and move'
And staying -they are!!

We know that the public harasses this family, in every move that they make.
Pressure to chase them out of town. 

We know that Karla tells them to go home, to go get off of her property or else she will call the cops .  Would not you?

She does not want attention.... In fact she wears sunglasses and goes about her business in a low key way. 

She is not known to use drugs, she is not known to attend bars. For certain, the press would pick up on that!! Nothing narcissistic  there!!

We know that Karla was a school patrol during recess.

We know that the School Board knew about her past.

We  know that parents were unhappy with this, and went to the School Board and had her dismissed from her volunteer work.

Is this wise or mass hysteria?  How fast this can spread!!

A very wise poster, Concerned, said on another thread, (Another case) "Perhaps when she has children of her own she will understand".

Perhaps Karla with her own children, understands, and is doing every effort every effort to be a good mother, a good wife, and is now attempting to be a good citizen by volunteering in  a simple way by being a school patrol.

Did we ever stop to think about that?

Not all mothers of that school volunteer!  Rest assured, too busy.

I think that she has gone past PB and the mental state that she was in.

Note"  She did not hook up with a sadist, in her marriage!!
That is important to note.   Killers will seek out killers. as psych doctors have shouted out.
Beware of Karla.
But Karla did not!!

Looks to me like she has a stable home, with a non killer husband and three kids that have never been brought to the attention of authorities.

But perhaps I am just being a polyanna.  But, so far, so good for Karla, in my estimation.
I like to believe that a change has taken place, for all of the above reasons listed.

I agree that it is difficult to keep an open mind, when one reads about her past.... but Karla lives in the present.... Year 2017.

Just my present opinion.
What harm could Karla do on the school patrol with young children?  There are more school patrol on the grounds other than Karla.

Their kids were safe.

But that question makes too much common sense to hysterical parents!!

And - how can society take pride that her children are ostracized That will teach Karla!!
We will do that to her children?  That will show her?

These kids are innocent - and should be treated with kindness like all others.
Shame on these adults.

jb
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:08:11 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2017, 01:27:19 AM »
What bothers me is this must all be very difficult on the children. ``Mommy, why don`t you come to the school anymore to help out.``

With reporters watching and all people pretty well on guard, what harm can she do if she were to help out at school as some parents do. If her kids are ostracized and she might decide to homeschool them ... think how nuts the neighborhood would go then. She is being forced between a rock and a hard place.

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2017, 02:36:38 PM »
Only time will tell, of course, and hopefully all will be well for everyone concerned.  With the exception of the victims' families, of course, (of which Karla is a member).  Nothing will ever be totally well for them again.

I still believe the risks are just too high and not worth taking.

The school (finally) made the correct decision.

Have faith

• View Profile

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2017, 11:29:04 PM »
Quoting Have faith:

Having three children does not make her a normal, trustworthy, school volunteer who you want around your kids, regardless of how well she is monitored. I can understand the uproar from the school parents.

Most people, including myself, feel sorry for her innocent kids who are now faced with learning the truth about their mother, and suffering the fall out.  If she really cared about them, she would never have returned to Canada to subject them to her nightmare past.

I have to agree. I get hung up just because of the kids and tend to forget what she really did and was a willing partner of. For that reason I flip and flop. :(

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2018, 01:44:38 PM »
OMG! Someone even made a FB page "watching Karla Homolka" and it has over 6,000 followers. Get a life people! Constantly hounding the family is going to put her into a fight or flight space and it's the "fight" I would be concerned about.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2018, 01:53:58 PM »
I would be very careful as to what is said, when posting on this facebook if I were them.

Reminder:  We have laws in Canada about hateful speech,  incitement of hatred and stalking behaviour.

And well it should be.

jb
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:49:23 PM by jellybean »