Author Topic: Unsolved Murders in Manitoba  (Read 18584 times)

Desespere

Unsolved Murders in Manitoba
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »
These are cases I know of but recognize this research is not completed. If the murder victim was a known sex trade worker that is indicated by STW at the end of each summary. I have details for these victims and will post as time permits.

Moira Erb
COD: Hit by a train
Date last seen: April 2, 2003
Location last seen: Manitoba
Date found: September 23, 2003
Location found: Manitoba
STW

Velecia Solomon Osborne
Date last seen: March 24th, 2003
Location last seen: Winnipeg, MB
Date found: June 11, 2003
Location found: Winnipeg, MB
Child

Therena Adelin Marsland
Aged 35
DOB:
COD: Beaten to death
Date last seen: April 29, 2002
Location last seen: Manitoba
Date found: : December 15,2002
Location found: Manitoba
STW

Noreen Taylor
DOB:
COD: Pushed from moving vehicle
Date last seen:
Date found: August 15, 2001
STW

Tania Marsden
DOB:
COD: ligature asphyxiation (strangulation
Date last seen: September 9th, 1998
Date found: September 29th, 1998

Evelyn Stewart
Aged 25
DOB:
COD: massive trauma to the head
Date last seen: March 20, 1998
Date found: March 20, 1998
STW

Jamie Mcguire
COD: Trauma
DOB:
Date found: March 17, 1994
Location found: MB
Location last seen: MB

Glenda Morrisseau
COD: Trauma/blunt object
DOB:
Date found: August 7, 1991
Location found:
Date last seen: July 17, 1991
Location last seen:
Student

Cheryl Duck
COD: Trauman
DOB:
Date found: December 5, 1987
Date last seen:
Location last seen:
STW - speculation

Candace Derksen
DOB:
COD: hypothermia
Date last seen: November 30, 1984
Date found: January 17, 1985
Child

Constance Lynne Cameron
Age ?
COD: Strangulation
DOB:
Date found: August 6, 1984
Location found: Fort Garry, MB
Date last seen: Friday, August 3, 1984
STW

Marie Banks
COD: Strangulation
DOB:
Date found: Monday, August 15, 1983
Location found: Fort Garry, MB
Date last seen:  July 26, 1983
STW

Barbara Gayle Stoppel
COD: Strangled
DOB:
Date found: December 23, 1981
Date last seen: December 23, 1981

Evelyn Edith Kebalo
DOB:
COD: Stangulation
Date last seen: April 17, 1977
Date found: April 19, 1977

Alistair

• View Profile
Re: Unsolved Murders in Manitoba
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:23:58 PM »
I put together this Google map of all unsolved Winnipeg STW cases that I could find. (Most are STWs or probable STWs, but some may not be. I only know what I read, and it isn't always clear if they were STWs or not.)

http://tinyurl.com/qcywlc

The red pins represent where they were reported as "last seen". (Sometimes this is very approximate - like within a several block radius of where they were believed to have been working or walking.) The blue teardrops denote approximately where their bodies were found, if they were found. Most of the info is gleaned from the Winnipeg Police Unsolved Murders site. The rest from Google searches of media articles and Missing & Murdered websites. I can't guarantee accuracy. I may have made mistakes, and public info may also be wrong.

I'm not a wannabe geo-profiler or anything. I'm sure the police have better mapping technology than Google Maps, and have already used that to its fullest advantage. I just put this map together to see if I any sort of pattern or cluster would become apparent. After looking at it, I'm quite convinced a SK has been stalking Winnipeg STWs for the past 25 years, possibly more than one SK. These couldn't all have been done by different people.

Alistair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:59 PM »
Hi Desespere.

Unfortunately I cannot offer much more info on any of the cases because I only learned of most of this while creating the map today. I lived in Winnipeg from 1991 to 2005 (in central MB before that), and vaguely remember some of the murders when they were first in the news.

I had been meaning to do up a map ever since I read the media piece quoting Kim Rossmo a couple years ago when he stated he believed a serial killer was responsible for some Winnipeg STW murders.

I think I may have posted to this forum before on other topics, but if so, I have long forgot my original username & password.

While not all these cases were available on the Winnipeg Police website, the majority were. And I must say the Winnipeg Police have the best Unsolved site. Amongst police forces, their Unsolved/Cold Case site is simply unsurpassed. Every police force should have a site so detailed and thorough. Sadly, they don't.

Alistair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »
Agreed. It's difficult to make heads or tails of the Winnipeg map, because the geographical patterns don't mesh well with any sort of timeline, with a few exceptions. However, the Green River Killer taught investigators that SKs can sometimes slow down - or even stop - for years, before resuming their activities again. Or they move to a different jurisdiction only to return years later.

Gary Ridgeway killed approximately 4 dozen women in the Seattle-Tacoma area between 1982 and 1984, then just stopped. Or seemed to. He killed one more in 1986, and another in 1999. The Green River investigators suspected there were others in the interim outside King County, but thus far have been unable to prove it. Who knows who else and where else he might have killed?

Another strange timeline is the BTK killer in Wichita KS. He killed very sporadically. The time periods between his killings got longer and longer. The police never would have suspected BTK in the killings in the 1980s and 90s if he hadn't started taunting the police with clues.

Reading as much as I have about BTK and the Green River Killer, it's difficult to know what to make of timelines.

JonnyVan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:17:12 AM »

Candace Derksen
DOB:
COD: hypothermia
Date last seen: November 30, 1984
Date found: January 17, 1985
Child

A suspect has been arrested for her murder back in 2007 and he has quite the record: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=419_1179341990

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 01:36:41 AM »
Yeah taht was quite a story. Glad he was arrested and i hope if he did more, the police will figure it out.

bonzai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »
So what happened to Beverly Robotham?

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 01:13:16 PM »
bonzai, It was the husband of Beverly that killed her.

I seen the news clip on on this creep, At the end of it it was said he tried to bite off the tongue of the girl he raped.

Now we have the police looking for a British Army guy who did the sameting in Cold Lake. I am wondering if this could lead us to a new killer, He has the sameway of thinking/

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/10/28/edmonton-cold-lake-tongue-bite.html?ref=rss

Cold Lake police look for tongue biter
Last Updated: Thursday, October 28, 2010 | 4:16 PM MT CBC News
Cold Lake RCMP believe a man who bit off a woman's tongue in a bar may be a member of the British Armed Forces.

Police said a man bit off a portion of a woman's tongue at a bar in the early morning of Sunday Oct. 3. The suspect then fled the bar.

The woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries. She was released later in the day, but will need further medical care, police said.

Police are working with the British military police to identify a suspect.

CFB Cold Lake is the largest and busiest fighter base in Canada and attracts military personnel from around the world for training and exercises. Cold Lake is about 300 kilometres northeast of Edmonton.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/10/28/edmonton-cold-lake-tongue-bite.html?ref=rss#ixzz143lMzXFi