Author Topic: Glenda Morrisseau - Unsolved Murder (Winnipeg 1991)  (Read 7404 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Glenda Morrisseau - Unsolved Murder (Winnipeg 1991)
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:41:02 AM »
The Glenda Morrisseau Murder
Glenda Morrisseau, an attractive nineteen-year-old student at R.B. Russell School, was last seen alive during the early morning hours of Wednesday, July 17, 1991. She was last seen at 2:30 a.m. on Logan Avenue hitching-hiking a ride downtown from the Stock Exchange Hotel. She was reported missing by her sister several days later when she did not return home.

After nearly a month of searching, Morrisseau?s partially naked and battered body was discovered on Wednesday, August 7, 1991, in a St. Boniface industrial area, about five kilometers from where she was last seen. Her body was located near the end of Youville Street near the Seine River between some large wooden beams and poles in a field used by a local firm for storing heavy equipment. She was found by one of the employees of the company who notified the police.

As it appeared that Morrisseau?s body had been in the field for some time, the cause of death was not easily determinable. However, there was considerable damage to her facial area including fractured cheekbones, a broken jaw and a fractured eye socket. As such she may have died as a result of massive trauma to the head inflicted by a large blunt object. Furthermore, it is believed that the assault happened elsewhere and that her body was just dumped where it was found to delay discovery.

When she was found, Morrisseau was wearing only a T-shirt, jacket and socks. She had no clothing on the lower part of her body. As her pants and underwear were not found at the scene, it supports the theory that she was killed elsewhere and merely dumped between the beams and poles to hide her body. It also suggests that the killing was sexually motivated and that the inside of the suspect?s vehicle would have been covered in Morrisseau?s blood.

Although there were suggestions that Morrisseau was a prostitute, there is no evidence that this was true. However, Morrisseau did enjoy drinking, parties and was known to be flirtatious with older men if they would buy her drinks. As such, someone she was flirting with at the bar may have misunderstood her intentions. This person may have been someone Morrisseau met before or after leaving the Stock Exchange Hotel, or someone who picked her up while hitch-hiking the morning she disappeared (possibly someone from the hotel).

Unfortunately, as Morrisseau was last seen hitch-hiking and because her body was not discovered for nearly a month, investigators were hampered in their abilities to solve this crime as Morrisseau?s activities immediately prior to her death were not easy to establish. However, it is believed that Morrisseau was killed on or about July 17, 1991, shortly after she was last seen on Logan Avenue.

It is believed that the vehicle used by the killer, even if cleaned would still have traces of Morrisseau?s blood in the fibres. The killer may have disposed of the vehicle shortly after the murder, however anyone with information identifying the suspect and this vehicle should contact the police. It is believed the killer would have been familiar with the St. Boniface area. It is possible the vehicle used had light yellow seat covers.

If you have any information about this case, please contact Crime Stoppers at 786-TIPS (8477), or e-mail Sgt. Al Bradbury and Det. Jon Lutz of the Cold Case Homicide Unit.

http://winnipeg.ca/police/Unsolved_Cases/Homicides/1991_morrisseau.stm

Sue

Re: Glenda Morrisseau - Unsolved Murder (Winnipeg 1991)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 06:48:40 PM »
 I feel so sorry for this family.For this i's the second member MURDER in this family. Kelly Morrisseau was murder in Gatineua Que,leaving behind 3 children.My prayers are with this family..Blessed Be Sue( Mugwaw) :( :( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:05:51 AM by Sue »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:30:47 AM »
That is so sad, I cannot imagine how horrible that must feel. I hope they close in on the killers.

SAP

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
This murder has been revisited by ColdCase since the heinous revelations of Williams, as were a few more. Has there been a publication of what was found? Apparently Glenda's murder co-incided with Williams stint in the area.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/763057--police-revisit-unsolved-murders-after-trenton-commander-s-arrest

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »
I must say I am suprised we haven't heard further on this in regards to Russell Williams I would imagine they would have DNA on him. Unless he was it raping at this point.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 07:11:36 PM »
This family has seen their fair share of tragedy.  I believe this is part of the Morriseau family.
http://www.yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oId=659437

Glen Robert Henderson

HENDERSON, Glen Robert -  Peacefully, with his Family by his side, Glen Robert Henderson (affectionately known as "Fish"), Saturday November 24, 2012. Born in Pine Falls, MB, 1941-03-20. Predeceased by his parents, Andrew and Matilda Henderson, and his children: Dalton, Glenda and Maxine Morrisseau. Survived by his partner, Evelyn (Dolly) Morrisseau, Brothers: David (Laverne) and family, Brian (Janice) and family. Sisters: Velma (Gail) Alexander and family, Lorraine (Bob) and family. Children: Alvin (Denise) and Doreen and family. Grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and numerous relatives and good friends. The wake will be in Black River First Nation at the residence of David and Laverne Henderson from Saturday Nov. 24 to Tuesday Nov. 27. The funeral service will be on Tuesday Nov. 27, at 2 PM at St. Georges Anglican Church in Black River, MB, with Rev. Nancy Bruyere, Richard Bruyere and Ernest McPherson Sr. officiating. The Family thanks the Doctors and nursing staff at the HSC Medical Intensive Care Unit for their care and hospitality they provided to Glen and the family. The Family also thanks the Chief and Council of Black River First Nation, and the many friends and relatives for their support. Funeral arrangements entrusted to;  ROCK FONTAINE FUNERAL DIRECTOR Honour-Respect-Dignity In Winnipeg 223-2576 or toll free 1(866)499-260112134723