Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: MIKE BOSMA  (Read 4472 times)

Mamaraine

• View Profile
MIKE BOSMA
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »
Mike Bosma is a missing man from Kelowna BC, Canada... Missing since January 9, 2006 when he left his group home to go to the store. Described as 6'1" tall, 270 lbs, dirty blonde hair and glasses...Last seen wearing blue jeans and a black down-filled jacket. He was Last seen at Jammer's Cold Beer & Wine store on Highway 97 in Kelowna.

His identification and medication (Mike is schizophrenic) were left in his room, as it appeared as though he would return very soon. Family still has hope that he will be returned soon

kindheart

Michael James Bosma- January 9th, 2006
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:13:37 PM »
2008-01-10 14:00:23   File #Kelowna 2006-1572

Police look for public?s help once again on two year anniversary of Michael Bosma?s disappearance

Kelowna, BC: On January 9th, 2006, then 26-year-old Michael James Bosma was last seen by staff at a local transition house during the evening of January 9th, when he left at approximately 9:00pm. This transition house was his residence at the time. His last known movements were sometime during January 10th at the Chevron Gas Station on the corner of Pandosy Street and Harvey Avenue. Since that time, Police have received few tips, all of which were followed up without success.

To coincide with this somber anniversary, Police are now asking the Public to come forward if they can recall anything at all in relation to Michael Bosma?s whereabouts during that time period in January of 2006. Understandably, Michael?s parents are seeking answers in their son?s disappearance and miss him very much.

Michael Bosma, at the time of his disappearance, was described as a Caucasian male, 6"1, 270 lbs, with dirty blond hair, blue eyes, wearing glasses.

Anyone with any information about Michael?s whereabouts are asked to contact the Kelowna RCMP at (250)762-3300 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: MIKE BOSMA
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about this case? I grew up in Kelowna and heard about this when he first went missing and thought I  recognized the name. It really bothers me that people just seem to vanish into thin air. I wonder if anyone has been actively persuing information on this case.Too many times here where I live now when people go missing nothing ever seems to get done and we have had many that have never been found.I just really hate to see people forgotten. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »
Des, I watch the Global news every night out of Vancouver and I do not remember seeing anything about Sangeeta's dissapearance. It seems like newscasts mostly cover the province although I have seen other  things about Alberta. However, I do not ever recall hearing about any of the STW that have gone missing around Edmonton only the  Downtown Eastside missing from Vancouver. Anything I have learned about the STW from Edmonton  I have pretty much learned here on this site.  In this day when  information can be passed so readily it is a shame that it doesn't always seem to be the case. As we have all surmised it appears that there is truly a double standard when it comes to the missing.

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 11:11:29 PM »
It should be pointed out that in the following case, the crime may have happened in Airdrie and she was dumped at that location. The husband is a very very strong suspect in this case.
Jan 8, 2006 - Sunday - Ruth Degayo, 40, murdered - badly burned - Morley, AB

search4charleshorvath

• 1989 aged 20 STILL MISSING - 'Charles' k j Horvath
    • View Profile
MIKE BOSMA missing from Kelowna BC Canada aged 25 - 10 Jan 2006
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:36:28 AM »
Michael Jame BOSMA aged 25 missing from Kelowna British Columbia Canada.
Wendy and John Bosma - Mike's parents have been a great support to me.
Michael will not be forgotten - we shall all keep putting his face out there and keep on searching until there is an answer.
iammissing.ca.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:51:16 AM by searchforcharles »

search4charleshorvath

• 1989 aged 20 STILL MISSING - 'Charles' k j Horvath
    • View Profile
Michael James BOSMA aged 25 missing from Kelowna 10 Jan 2006
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:45:45 AM »
Wendy and John BOSMA parent of missing Michael James BOSMA aged 25 missing from Kelowna British Columbia Canada since 10 Jan 2006.

Supporting Denise Allan (mother of Charles Horvath aged 20 endangered missing from Kelowna since 1989) - 19th Aniversary 2008.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:08:29 PM by search4charleshorvath »

SAP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »
Girl on a Mission, Marathon for Missing Children Society
January 21, 2012
Wenswritings    On Going Stories of Missing People in BC, Random Thoughts of a Mother Family, Grief Loss and Bereavement, Marathon, Michael Bosma, Missing Children Society, Missing Man    2 Comments

Our daughter Sarah Bosma will be running in a marathon this year to raise funds for the Missing Children Society. This is to honor her brother, Michael Bosma who has been missing since January 10, 2006.  This is not the first fund-raiser that Sarah has participated in. Two years ago Sarah ran in the Victoria Marathon and raised almost $3000.00 for the Missing Children Society. It was a proud day for our whole family. We cheered her on from the sidelines and made posters to encourage her. Sarah and Michaelís older brother Dan, along with Sarahís boyfriend Trevor ran the last part of the marathon with her! This is Sarahís website  - she has started a blog about her many Missions that are coming up!  http://www.girlonamission.ca/

Related articles

Mikesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 09:04:14 AM »
Every day Mike's family wonders if there will be any news to explain his disappearance. Sadly we know there are way too many other families in the same situation. Each time there is body found any one with a missing loved one can only wait and wonder. Currently there is no DNA Data Base for the Missing People of Canada. The States does have one and they have solved many missing person cases with it. Please let me know if I post a link to a page called Lindseys Law. This page has many ways you can contact the Canadian Goverment to let them know that Canada needs to have a Missing Persons DNA Data Bank.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 09:24:47 AM »
Hi Mikesmom,

We have a thread for Lindseys Law in General Discussion. It can be found at the link below.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=3529.msg50461#msg50461

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here