Author Topic: Hunters find human bones Monday  (Read 3854 times)

Carol-Lynn

Hunters find human bones Monday
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:54:30 AM »

November 19, 2007

Hunters find human bonesMonday, 10:50 a.m.
By JON WILLING, Sun Media

Hunters found human remains yesterday near Fort Coulonge, according to Quebec provincial police.

Conzt. Melanie Larouche said the hunters found bones about 1 km from Pont Rouge Rd. around 5 p.m.

Police remain at the scene today, but they aren't sure how the person died.

"It could be anything at this stage," Larouche said.

Police also found clothes nearby.

The remains appear to have been there for a long time, Larouche said.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters find human bones Monday
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »

Has killing become a new extreme sport for these whacko's?Makes me so angry, and not a ready solution.

Seems there are groups, loners, and whatnot doing a lot of killing these days. Bodies being found, all over, and no justice yet. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 07:26:01 PM »
Hi every one!

I put two dumpsite approximate positions on my map.  Can hardly wait for for the autopsy results.  Wondering if remains are from adult or children, male or female, and how long they've been there?

CSD

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 04:33:31 AM »
If they are dumped out there where only hunters can find them, I wonder if that is because they were hoping no one would find them or if that was a hunter? Wonder how many others are waiting to be discovered? I guess hunters move around in the woods or something where no one else would go.

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:29:52 AM »
The news reported : "the remains could have been there for a long time".  I'm wondering what "for a long time" means here?  Sorry I don't have the web links cause it was copied and pasted on a forum without link.

Monday ? November 19 ? 2007

Two sets of human remains found within hours of each other
Andrew Seymour
Ottawa Citizen

Monday, November 19, 2007

Two set of human remains have been discovered within hours of each other, one in Kanata the other near Fort Coulonge.

Ottawa police major crime detectives are investigating after human remains were discovered in a wooded area in Kanata. Police said a walker discovered the body late Sunday afternoon while walking in a "forested green space" southwest of Hunt Club Road and Richmond Road.

The remains were discovered near the Rideau Trail, which is located on NCC property in the Greenbelt.
About two dozen Ottawa police officers gathered in a gravel parking lot off of Richmond Road, which accesses the trail, to begin a grid search of the area Monday.

The Rideau Trail is not far from the Lime Kiln Trail, where the body of 18-year-old Jennifer Teague was discovered on Sept. 18, 2005.

Police said investigators are treating the death as "suspicious."

Further forensic tests are required to determine the cause of death. Police were not releasing whether the remains belonged to a male or female. It is not known how long the body had been in the wooded area.
Meanwhile, investigators from the Surete du Quebec and a pathologist are attempting to identify remains found near Fort Coulonge Sunday evening.
Const. Melanie Larouche said the a group of hunters heading home about 5 p.m. found the bones and some clothing about about one kilometre from Pont Rouge Road.
She said investigators are on the scene but have not been able to identify the remains or say whether it was a man or woman. A pathologist will examine the bones in a bid to determine the gender of the person and cause of death.
Police remain at the scene Monday, but they aren't sure how the person died. Const. Larouche said the provincial force has no one listed as missing in the area, but added that the remains could have been there for a long time.

? Ottawa Citizen 2007

I hope these are not children remains :(

CSD

Carol-Lynn

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »
Thank you, Carol-Lynn.

CSD

Clearskyday

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 09:54:39 PM »
Any one have heard of something since? I haven't : do I ever hate that!

CSD

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 07:16:26 AM »
When I was growing up in western Quebec in the late 70's there was always the rumour that the forests in our area were used as a dumping ground for the Montreal mob.  It was one of those accepted rumours.  They would find remains from time to time up in our area - from Aylmer to Fort Colounge, up the Pontiac and then you wouldn't hear anything more.

Similar to this case.