Author Topic: Emily Osmond - September 9, 2007 - Age 78 - Missing - Kawacatoose FN  (Read 18693 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Osmond - September 9, 2007 - Age 78 - Missing - Kawacatoose FN
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 10:28:36 AM »
September 9, 2012 marked the five year anniversary of Emily's disappearance. In attempting to do an update, I have been unable to find any new information on her case. There is nothing to say if she's ever been located. I believe Emily is still missing and don't want her to be forgotten. 

Name: Emily OSMOND

Date Last Seen: 2007-09-09

Last Seen Location Kawacatoose First Nation District, Saskatchewan (15 miles North of Quinton, SK)

Date of Birth: 1929-01-29

Race: Aboriginal Descent

Height: 160 cm (5'3")

Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)

Hair Color: Grey

Eye Color: Brown

Distinguishing Features: Walks with a cane.

Clothing Worn at time of disappearance: Unknown

File #: 2007-1131338
Agency: RCMP - Regina 

Additional Information:

Emily OSMOND (LAPLANTE) lived a reclusive lifestyle on a small acreage on the Northern edge of Kawacatoose First Nation. OSMOND seldom had contact with her family or friends and the last known contact with them was 29th of August, 2007. She was last seen on the 9th of September, 2007, by her hired helper. Her disappearance is very unusual. Her vehicle and personal belongings including medication were left at her residence. She also had dogs at her acreage that she cared for that were left unattended. Searches of the area have failed to locate any sign of Emily OSMOND. 

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of this person please contact one of the following agencies:

Regina RCMP Historical Case Unit at (306) 780-5582
Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

http://www.sacp.ca/missing/details.php?id=123

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 05:50:33 PM »
Yes, the 5 year anniversary has passed.  There are no new updates on missing Emily.  Thank you debbiec for posting and keeping this story alive. 

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 04:46:23 AM »
Five years and nothing, makes me think she had to have been put into a vehicle and taken away from her home some where.  Rasin Pie I am wonder how big was the acerage she lived on?  Were her dogs ever taken on the search for her I wonder, if there was any one that could control them?  Were the loose or locked up when she disappeared?  I pray she did not suffer.

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »
Emily had to be taken away from her residence.  She could not walk far due to her arthritic hip and use of a cane.  It is a very small acreage that she lived on.  I will locate the exact number of acres.  Emily is the only person who could control her dogs which most were not so friendly and due to this not may people went to visit her.  Some of her dogs were outside and some were inside when the search began.  I pray that she did not suffer also.  A psychic tip was recently received that she was in the US.  This is unlikely since she would not have had the proper documents to enter the US since her IDs were at her residence.  Thank you for the ongoing interest in this case and we pray we soon get a break in this case. And for other missing loved ones as well, which we know there are so very many across the country.........

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »
here is an older article, but gives us more information about Emily

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/peaceful-woman-s-disappearance-a-mystery-1.813282

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »
  She had nothing of monetary value - except her land.

Who took over her property? Were there mineral rights to it?

I cannot see anyone touching Emily with her dogs around her. Yet, when she told a relative that someone was watching her, I think that offers a clue - if foul play is to be suspected.

Were there any old unused water wells on her land? Old root cellars? |If she disappeared accidently, one would think that she may have fallen into something.

Did she have a rifle?  If so, was it missing?

Who chopped her fire wood? Was it a stranger?

jb

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »
On Sept 20/14, will be 7 years that Emily has been missing.  The land belongs to a niece and nephew.  There are no mineral rights to the property.  The land has been searched extensively including wells.  It is not known if she had a rifle... unlikely.  Emily had a hired hand to help her with chores including her wood and water requirements. 

Emily would never have left; the only way would have been against her will. 

Praying that there is a break in this case..........

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2017, 03:54:16 PM »
Ten years have passed... still no resolution to Emily's disappearance....  :'(  What can family do? Time for a reward for information to be issued?