Author Topic: Unsolved Murders in Saskatchewan  (Read 37944 times)

Desespere

Unsolved Murders in Saskatchewan
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:00:18 AM »
I have only two names for unsolved murders of women in Saskatchwan. I will update as I continue my research in this location. But for now...

Melanie Dawn Geddes
COD:
DOB:
Date found: December 20, 2005
Location found: Southey, SK
Date last seen: August 13, 2005
Location last seen: Regina, SK

Donna Marie Kasyon
COD: Stabbed
DOB:
Date found: June 15, 2002
Location found: Saskatoon, SK
Date last seen: June 15, 2002
Location last seen: Saskatoon, SK

borderchief21

• View Profile
Re: Unsolved Murders in Saskatchewan
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 03:48:30 PM »
How about Cindy Blazek (I think she was from Rosetown, SK.) who was a teacher on the Onion Lake First Nation, I believe it was in 1986 or 87, could be wrong, she was murdered in her teacherage house located beside the school she worked at,  but I've been searcing everywhere to find that information. I know it wasn't solved and I often wonder about that case.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:59:36 PM »
I never heard about that one. I'll go look that one up. It amazes me how there are some cases out there that have no information about them at all. Thanks for letting us know about that.

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 05:13:46 PM »
There are many unsolved murders of women in Saskatchewan!  Just go to this site for the Aboriginal women and go to these website:  http://www.missingnativewomen.org/sask.htm

For more informaton on other missing/murdered women go to:  http://www.sacp.ca/

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »
Yes there are a lot of cases in Saskatchewan. Some big mysteries too for sure. I had never heard of that case in Moose Jaw and there is nothing else online about it. I'll see if my buddy who lives there and has all his life has heard of it.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »
Yes there are a lot of cases in Saskatchewan. Some big mysteries too for sure. I had never heard of that case in Moose Jaw and there is nothing else online about it. I'll see if my buddy who lives there and has all his life has heard of it.

You can read about in the book "Moose Jaw Murders" by Bruce Fairman. If you live in Saskatchewan, it's most likely at your library.

I'm in Saskatchewan and I will order a copy from my library. Thanks.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:21:49 AM »

You can read about in the book "Moose Jaw Murders" by Bruce Fairman. If you live in Saskatchewan, it's most likely at your library.

I just read the book. SHOCKING! MOOSE JAW IS NUTS! AHHHH

migratoryjewel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 01:43:30 PM »
I am currently trying to find any and all information on any unsolved murders in Saskatchewan. If anyone knows of any that have happened in the last 100 years and has relevant information on them please do not hesitate to contact me.

MJ

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 02:48:38 PM »
Hi migratoryjewel,

I think we have close to all the unsolved murders in Sask here that have anything published about them. I am sure there are probably a few more older cases and maybe some gang related ones in the cities.

Are you writing a book?

migratoryjewel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 10:14:41 AM »
Kind of sort of writing a book....am hoping to write one based on all the unsolved murder cases, (cold cases) and maybe spark some interest in the general public. Someone has to know something about these murders, and if a book jogs their memories, and helps to solve a case......thats what I am aiming at. Only thing is I want to go back at least 100 years. I will be searching thru public archives at my local library....I am sure there is something on file.

MJ

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 11:10:25 PM »
That would be interesting. That Murders of Moose Jaw book did well even though that was a small market, so a Sask wide one would do good. It would be interesting to see if there are any old cases.

I did hear once (but not confirmed) that 2 boys were killed south of Dollard Sask in the 20's or 30's.

There was a double murder in Shaunavon in 1941 (ironically, another murder happened in the same building in the same year, and these 3 murders are the only murders in Shaunavon ever). I never read if it was solved or not though.

And Robsart Sask back in the early days had a murder with a suspect they never found.

And finally, a Rum Runner was found dead near Govenlock Sask during prohibitoin that was never solved.

If I think of anything else, I will post them here.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 02:15:07 AM »
I kind of doubt they would now unless she confessed to someone. It is a real shocker that she was able to be free all this time.

I am going to Moose jaw maybe this weekend, I am going to check that house out. I just do not believe one would do all that, have all that evidence against them, and go free.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »
Some places have rules about that and require that info to be disclosed. Sask is probably not one of those.

I was going to go to Moose Jaw yesterday, but when I got to the Riverhurst ferry, it was closed to I did not make it. I should not have taken the back route.

SAP

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »
How about Cindy Blazek (I think she was from Rosetown, SK.) who was a teacher on the Onion Lake First Nation, I believe it was in 1986 or 87, could be wrong, she was murdered in her teacherage house located beside the school she worked at,  but I've been searcing everywhere to find that information. I know it wasn't solved and I often wonder about that case.

There is info on the Blazek case under Sask historical crimes. There were charges against a teen and an older man, and overturned with an appeal.
The family has since learned that several teens were seen heading to Cindy's teacherage on their way from a rink but no convictions.

TallGirl

• Think Tall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »

There is info on the Blazek case under Sask historical crimes. There were charges against a teen and an older man, and overturned with an appeal.
The family has since learned that several teens were seen heading to Cindy's teacherage on their way from a rink but no convictions.

I work with Cindy Blazek's niece.   Her father is very bitter she says over it due to it being unsolved.   they think that she was raped and that they burned her house down to destroy the evidence.   they think strongly that it was some of her students and they have gotten away with it.