Author Topic: Unsolved Murders in Saskatchewan  (Read 37019 times)

SAP

Re: Unsolved Murders in Saskatchewan
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 06:21:17 PM »
Good to see you again TallGirl. :)

I would tend to agree with the father that it was a group of teens. Unbelievable the sick deed!!! And all the evidence burned likely.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 12:18:55 PM »
This is the first I've read of this girl's story.  OMG!! what a loss to society ... what a heart breaking event!  How can those in that community live with this, without making sure justice is served for this girl?  What kind of busy lives, poverty, or any other circumstances in an area could keep the people of that area silenced all this time... they will never have any luck in that community IMO... not as long as this girl's death is kept behind a wall of silence or indifference. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2009/10/07/sk-cindy-blazek-death907.html

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »
I wonder if anything more was ever revealed by the perpetrators in this case... or those "in the know" of what happened to Cindy.  ... just came across this and thought I would add the link and bump up the thread.  RIP Cindy Blazek; I doubt you will never get to confront your killers in the after life;  they are going to a different place than your precious spirit will.  (unless, of course, they confess and make amends!)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/2-decades-after-teacher-s-slaying-family-s-resolve-remains-1.856639
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:59:38 AM by lostlinganer »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »
That is Saskatchewan for you. I wouldn't drive through there unless I was in an armored vehicle and not even an offer of a million dollars would make me change my mind.

I hope the family gets some answers. Such a sad case of a person who really cared and felt she could make a difference.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 06:32:34 PM »
I wonder if polygraphs were taken by all of her friends.
The statement (bolded) makes me wonder if Jericka  was a controlling person,although the statement includes her attitude towards him as well. But that is his words...

Dyck-Jiricka recalled.

Together they went to all the social events university had to offer and even planned a few, too. It was a great time for the friends and they enjoyed every minute of it.

"I was involved in anything big that would go in her life and same with her in mine," Dyck-Jiricka said with a laugh. After university, the pair moved off on their separate careers paths.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:41:32 PM by jellybean »

annaleone

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 08:40:33 PM »
JELLYBEAN,  MY TAKE IS THAT DYCK-JIRICKA IS A FEMALE ROOMMATE THAT SHE HAD AND I HAVE FEMALE FRIENDS FROM HIGH SCHOOL THAT WE ONLY CONNECT WHEN IT IS SOMETHING BIG OR MAJOR THAT IS HAPPENING IN OUR LIVES. SO I DONT THINK THIS PERSON HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MURDER

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 08:55:46 PM »
Why are you yelling Annaleone? :)

However I tend to agree with you that it wasn't the particular friend. I believe it was someone local, since it's not the first time a death/and/or severe injury has happened to outsiders going north to teach.