Author Topic: Jake Just | 18 | Midland | Missing October 30, 1998  (Read 50209 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Just | 18 | Midland | Missing October 30, 1998
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »
In Banff a few years ago, this young man much like Jake went missing and they searched everywhere. 5 months later, he was found in an area that was searched, it is amazing how it can be hard to find a body in some cases. In Oct, there are leaves falling so it have an affect too. In Banff, the guy was found right off where people walk by all the time.

Tony

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »
I remember now what Jake's head injury was. He hit himself in the head with a bottle!

Breaking bottles on their head was a game he and his friend(s) played. I don't know if it was the same day or not.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »

mauve, You are right, head injuries, are trouble. They can stun you, knock you out, kill you, or leave you completely disoriented. Concussion, can happen, and a head wound has lots of blood, usually.If a person is intoxicated, they often don't want help, refuse it even. I see that all the time. I think Jake fell somewhere, and is yet to be found.

I do hope he is found, so his family and friends, can have some kind of closure.At least some questions could be answered. I am sure all posters and info have been sent to all hospitals/jails etc...

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 08:19:24 PM »
Wow! I did not know that. He sure could have wondered anywhere. I had a concussion once in a motorsycle accident and have no idea what happened but was found wondering around with no place in particular.

mauvelilac

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 01:13:41 PM »
Why? Why would anyone do that to themselves? That doesn't sound like a well adjusted individual to me. Sorry to be judgemental but hitting yourself in the head is not a game, it's self destructive behaviour. I know Midland is not a large city, town or whatever but surely there was healthier past times for teenagers?  I'm not still not convinced he's in the bush though or the reservoirs or the quicksand for that matter.

Tony

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 09:54:49 AM »
I'm not convinced that a nice Stand By Me expedition into the woods wouldn't uncover Jake or his backpack at least, especially if he was just underneath some foliage. It'd be cool. The young people of Midland should think about it.

I won't cry. I won't cry. No, I won't shed a tear.
Just as long as you stand, stand by me.

Ben E. King

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 01:37:41 AM »
I am sure tons of people have tried that.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 02:05:34 AM »
Hello ..

Its been awhile since i have been on this site .I have been generally on another web sleuthing site called Vbulletin web sleuths. I have been like prolly many of the population really focussed on that Nut job Casey Anthony.Anyways Looks to me like most of the points have been made here about jake I do have a couple Ideas myself   1. Being that at the party he was as i have noted before the large guy of the group which i know for a fact because i myself am like that and with the guys from hockey and baseball more so hockey it was allways what could i do almost dares u know to ee how tough i was..but i think that inside that house he was hitting himself over the head with beer bottles beleive me i played OHL we did it all the time ,but if someone thought it would be funny and gave him as a joke one that was full it wouldnt have broke and it would have knocked him right out who knows how large of a cut and a concussion he may have received and being youths i think they made a pact not to say nothing and i kinda feel like jake never left that party or he never left alive ..Thats my main theory but just that a theory the only one i have is that his freind was telling the truth he took the short cut and reallly did find a swamp and mud /quicksand a few posts up someone said absolutlly not to quick sand and i use to say that too untill i heard it descrbed better a peice of that bush was real swamp lands .I think we are all thinking of the movies where an actor is walking on a perfectlly solid trail then all the sidden he is in quick sand  but thats not how it would happen in real life if this is what happend i think he got dissoriented in that bush he thought he new so well and trust me iam a fishermen i have been walking the river and sunk up to my waist in a foot of water before and trying to pull your feet out of the mud its impossible its like sment many a times i have gave up my hip waiters because they were stuck so bad so i think he stumbled in to it .his feet were stuck now imagine in the summer at night being totally stuck in a pitch plack swamp your panicing because u cant see and because your stuck then your starting to litterally be eaten alive by mosquitos i mean think about that u would be going insane and all he had to do is fall over hes feet were stuck whats he gonna puch on with his hands to get up right .nothing because his hands are doing the same as his feel theres also the water on top and well i think u get the idea of my second theory also thats the real  kinda quick sand were talking about ..sorry this was so long and sorry i have not been back in such a long time..

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 09:23:22 AM »
Hi Jeremy, good to see you here. I would certainly not want to think that Jake disappeared the way you said but all we have to go on here is speculation. It has crossed my mind that he never left the party and if that is the case it means that others know what happened to him. The other theory that he walked into the bush and vanished is harder to prove because the searches have turned up nothing and he was more than likely alone. Hopefully someday either someone will come forward who knows something, or someone will stumble upon something and he will be found. It has been ten years now and it must be very hard for Jake's family to not be able to put this to rest.

chantelle

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 06:19:05 PM »

(If indeed Jake was intoxicated and had some sort of head injury, it was irresponsible for the young man he was with to leave him on his own to venture off in that type of terrain at night. I mean I wouldn't leave a friend in that sort of shape to fend for himself at night in the dark in the bush. Can anyone honestly say they would? )

There was 1000 searchers and only 8 days of searches in how many years? You can't cover that type of terrain in 8 days thoroughly. That would virtually be impossible. To do it thoroughly. No wonder some of these missing people are never found.

I just wanted to say, who are you to judge Jake's friend for leaving him? They were both drunk, and both had no clue as to what they were doing! Besides, Jake was his own person, he was 18 years old, and quite able to make his own decisions, so for you to say anything about his friend, is so incredibly ignorant of you! Jakes friend, who's name is Steve by the way, had nothing to do with Jakes dissaperance, and for any of you to even think or imply that is also ignorant! He loved Jake and misses him immencly, just like all who knew Jake! I think that you all should stop making speculations as to what has happened to him and start praying either for his safe return or for him to make it to the other side peacefully!
I hope to one day see Jake here on earth again, but if that doesnt happen, God Speed Jake, I think of you often, and pray for you even more!!!

mauvelilac

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
I just wanted to say, who are you to judge Jake's friend for leaving him? They were both drunk, and both had no clue as to what they were doing! Besides, Jake was his own person, he was 18 years old, and quite able to make his own decisions,
so for you to say anything about his friend, is so incredibly ignorant of you!
Jakes friend, who's name is Steve by the way, had nothing to do with Jakes dissaperance, and for any of you to even think or imply that is also ignorant! He loved Jake and misses him immencly, just like all who knew Jake! I think that you all should stop making speculations as to what has happened to him and start praying either for his safe return or for him to make it to the other side peacefully!
I wasn't judging him and I stand behind what I said and who are you to come on here and attack me for my ideas, thoughts, views which is what this forum is all about? I gather you would leave a friend who had a supposed head injury to wander around by himself late at night? Who are you to call me ignorant? Or any of us? Obviously Steve's sister, wife, gf?
We're here to find the missing, to help the murdered get justice. We do that with views, ideas, brainstorming and to call us ignorant for trying to help is so rude..

I think that you all should stop making speculations as to what has happened to him and start praying either for his safe return or for him to make it to the other side peacefully!
I don't appreciate being attacked by a newbie and if as you say you had any great fondness for Jake, you would want him found dead or alive. And if it takes speculation or ideas or personal views why would that bother you unless:
You have some  personal knowledge of wrongdoing that night Jake went missing!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 06:53:41 PM by mauvelilac »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 09:28:49 PM »
chantelle; I can't help but ask you - what do you think this forum is - have you read any other threads?  Sorry you feel that way.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 07:28:50 PM »
...that about says it all mauve.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 01:43:40 AM »
you have summed up my thoughts perfectlly mauv..

people get mad because of out oppinions and i really hate that would they rather people be discussing the case then putting it in the back ground .I realize that maybe she is freinds with this steve so her taking his side is normal also her OPPINION which we get yelled at for but like you sais and more importantly like steve said he chose to leave jake and walk straight and let jake take that path and by doing that he is telling us /everyone he was the very last person to see him alive and when there is no other account of him what 16 or so years later of course he is gonna be looked at and maybe even blamed weather right or wrong ...anyways sorry iam months behind everyone on here i do appologise had a familly tragidy that well was tough so if i am bring old stuff up i do appologise..Great post mauv.

Bucke B

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
I just wanted to say, who are you to judge Jake's friend for leaving him? They were both drunk, and both had no clue as to what they were doing! Besides, Jake was his own person, he was 18 years old, and quite able to make his own decisions, so for you to say anything about his friend, is so incredibly ignorant of you!
I don't think anyone here knows when Jake gave himself a head injury. We don't know if it was that night.
Concussions have lingering effects. It's not up to Steve to make the call for Jake about taking a one mile short cut through the woods.
But Steve, of all people, should know that Jake is still in there. He didn't just leave Jake. He went to meet Jake on the other side of the woods after all. Is he still looking? I would look under every evergreen. The area between the roads in not even 2 square miles according to the maps. And I would assume you can dig up quicksand in winter.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:24:36 PM by Bucke B »