Author Topic: Police believe up to 11 prostitutes may be victims of same killer  (Read 31423 times)

Sleuth

Re: Police believe up to 11 prostitutes may be victims of same killer
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 11:47:16 AM »
Desespere; could you email me please. I will keep my email address up for a couple of days.

Sleuth

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
I have not been able to find what I stumbled upon. Sigh. But maybe I will stumble upon it again.

Sleuth

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 01:59:35 AM »
I noticed in your last post Des that the women's names have only four or five alpha letters, either their first name or their last name. I'm wondering also if any of the places the women were found have any matching first letters, Like a C for instance? Or the spot where they were taken from have any first matching letters? Any Lakes nearby, or rivers, or streams with the first matching letters? I don't know the area at all as well as you do so I thought I would ask.

Sleuth

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »
Des; Does the field Edna was found in have a name, or a nickname? Was she found out in the open? Or close to the tree line? Was it a farmers field? If it was do you know the farmers name? Or the last names of near neighbours? How far from the road was she?
Do you know how far south of the lake that Debbie was found? Was she out in the open or hidden? How far from the road was she?
Do you know where in Strathcona County Melissa was found? Out in the open or hidden? How far from the road was she?
And the other women? out in the open or hidden and do you know how far from the or a road?

Sleuth

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 05:28:25 PM »
I'm wandering if there are any Street Hawks where the STW hang.

Sleuth

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »
I'm putting this article here since Des and I had a discussion about Psychopaths on this thread. I remember a time, long, long ago, when disturbed people were given lobotomies. I'm wondering if lobotomies would work on psychopaths?

Psychopaths have faulty brain connections: study
By Kate Kelland

LONDON (Reuters) - Psychopaths who kill and rape have faulty connections between the part of the brain dealing with emotions and that which handles impulses and decision-making, scientists have found.

In a study of psychopaths who had committed murder, manslaughter, multiple rape, strangulation and false imprisonment, the British scientists found that roads linking the two crucial brain areas had "potholes," while those of non-psychopaths were in good shape.

The study opens up the possibility of developing treatments for dangerous psychopaths in the future, said Dr Michael Craig of the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London, and may have profound implications for doctors, researchers and the criminal justice system.

"These were particular serious offenders with psychopathy and without any other mental illnesses," he told Reuters in an interview.

"Essentially what we found is that the connections in the psychopaths were not as good as the connections in the non-psychopaths. I would describe them as roads between the two areas -- and we found that in the psychopaths, the roads had potholes and weren't very well maintained."

TIMING IS KEY

The scientists cautioned against suggestions the study could lead to screening of potential psychopathic criminals before they are able to commit crimes, saying their findings had not established how, when or why the brain links were damaged.

"The most exciting question now...is when do the potholes come -- are people born with them, do they develop early in life, or are they a consequence of something else?"

Psychopathic extremes have been portrayed in Hollywood blockbusters by characters like the serial killer and cannibal Hannibal Lecter. Psychopaths often violate social norms, are manipulative, impulsive and sensation-seeking, and appear to feel no empathy or remorse.

Craig, who conducted the study, published in the journal Molecular Psychiatry with colleagues Declan Murphy and Dr Marco Catani, stressed that the numbers in the brain scan study were small, with only nine psychopaths analyzed and compared with nine non-psychopaths.

"Trying to get people of this particular type to take part in a study, and also then deal with all the security you need to get them into a brain scanner, is not an easy feat," he said.

The study used new brain imaging technology to further analyze psychopaths' brains after previous studies found that the amygdala part of the brain, which processes emotions, and orbitofrontal cortex, which handles impulses and decisions, are structurally and functionally different in psychopaths.

"Up until recently the technology hasn't been available to look at the connections between those two brain areas in any meaningful way," Craig said.

But a new technique, called diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging (DT-MRI), allowed the researchers to look at the white matter tract linking the two key brain areas.

As well as finding clear structural deficits in the tract in psychopathic brains, they also found the degree of abnormality was significantly linked to the degree of psychopathy.

"As for the moral significance for society, and how society wants to deal with these things, that is a little premature," said Craig. "This is a small study and the important thing it raises is that more research needs to be done."

SAP

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 09:52:09 AM »
I doubt he ever played hockey as he was into drugs and alcohol as a teenager. He's good for more murders than he admits to, imo, and the hockey bag was likely just used for transporting deceased humans. Sounds like he was also raised very harshly like Mayerthorpes Roszko.
Kare had been given a detailed summary of Svekla's companions and how they lured STW's to a certain location from where they began disappearing from. I have no idea if KARE followed through and I doubt they did.

Here's his bio, some of it.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=e4e51ac2-82c2-48c3-b833-84dde0e23c1a

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »
i'd go so far as to suggest that he had been counselled, advised, directly or indirectly by cues in his social environmnet, that his behaviour was correct in some sense, by someone who seemed relatively 'wise' to him and may occupy some position of authority in society where their credentials support the advice they dispense in the proverbial 'locker-room' environment

Where I come from, this translates to:

Birds of a feather flock together, pat each other on the back for "being BAD", learn how to be "badder" from their low-life friends and companions.  And of course, by nature of their chosen path, they condone and complement each other .... it is "all about them" .... that is why they are "what they are" and  remain "where they are"  ...and they love to play the game of "pretend" whenever it suits their needs.... nothing short of good actors or "tricksters" in my opinion - ;D.... not a laughing matter, I know!  but just trying to keep it simple in my own "simple mind"..... :-[ :-[ :-[ 

KrohDaddi, you are a very "capable writer".... way up there vocabulary wise, and capeable of deep thought and wording;  but I'm a little "thick" and find I have to read your comments a few times before I get where you are coming from, then I'm only guessing what you mean. (just a bit over my head :-[) so don't be surprised if I drift off track in response.   I do agree however (if I'm understanding your expression here) psychopaths do pick out what they choose to comprehend as "words or gestures of approval" from normal people and/or authority figures in their lives ... then they twist whatever it is, around in their minds, until they make themselves believe they have experienced admiration or acceptance ..... then they milk that for all it's worth....

Regardless of such experience/es in their lives or not, they will still find a "rational" for what they do .... and lie about it forever.... seems to me that psychopaths have brains that have "short circuited" so that their smarts are used for evil and destruction, as opposed to good and living a decent normal life..... and they get their "high" by joking, lies, and misleading people.  That is their version of the normal person's  "sitting down and enjoying reminiscing about the good times".... all just my opinion here folks... thinking out loud more than anything.   

BTW Sap, I'm expecting more bio on Svekla coming from your direction.  I remember Adrian (Nancy Murdock) could write a book on him... even "encountered" him once.... which creeped her out and lingered with her.  ...what is written on that link is really tame in comparison to what he really is... but as you said, it "some of it".  ...and it does make you realize how may people we've known who "border" on psychopathic. ;)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »
I need to address a group and not sure exactly how to do it. Since they don't know me and what I have to say ... might send the police after me (how would I know the stuff presented to them).

...know what you mean Sap... (sent you pm)

- -  KrohDaddi, where did you go?  don't take offense to my rattling on.   :)Just because I have "slow comprehenion" doesn't mean you should "take off".... others here are "right on the ball" and don't have to read twice.  .... I'm sure they appreciate your input.... so do I for that matter.