Author Topic: Svekla - 'other people were involved'  (Read 19436 times)

Carol-Lynn

Re: Svekla - 'other people were involved'
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 09:19:35 AM »
I am going and I would love to see him fry >:( BUT I don't think that is going to happen.There or too many higher ups involed.
I will bet a hundred bucks he only gets about a year.His hole thing is he did not know what was in the bag and thought it was compost worms. >:(

Did not Kathy King have someting to say about this at one time I see if I can find the cover up

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Te He Found it.

Slain woman's mom told of professional men buying sex from teens
By ELIZA BARLOW, EDMONTON SUN

New information from a friend of a 22-year-old woman found slain and dumped in a Strathcona County field more than nine years ago has been forwarded to Project KARE.

Kathy King, mother of victim Cara King, said she was shocked and angry when a friend of Cara's offered a disturbing revelation last month.

The friend told Kathy that when the girls were just teenagers, about 12 to 15 years ago, they would party with older, professional men and exchange sex for money.

King said the well-educated, successful men, "whose achievements can be found on Google," would "skulk" around various downtown nightspots and pick up the girls for encounters in various hotel rooms.

"It took me about two weeks to calm down (after hearing about it)," said King, adding she considered confronting some of the men with what she knew, but decided against it.

She did forward the information to Project KARE, a police task force investigating the deaths and disappearances of people who led high-risk lifestyles, many of them prostitutes.

I sure hope this is not the same group that show up at  http://www.paafe.org/menofhonour.htm

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 10:34:22 AM »

From the Edmonton Journal

Seems we got us a whack of probable serial offenders/killers. People KNEW about it, and never came forward, or was it a lure, sell, kill, mutilate, and die?  Anyone with knowledge should be given time., unless they tell the cops.

I wonder if this reaches into Saskachewan, as well as BC? Just how many people are there? Could there be more than one group?

More than one Edmonton serial killer suspected
Police looking into 'another serial offender or offenders' in prostitute deaths, trial hears

Karen Kleiss
edmontonjournal.com

Thursday, October 25, 2007

EDMONTON - Police are investigating more than one serial killer in connection with the deaths and disappearances of Edmonton-area prostitutes, a veteran RCMP officer testified today.

"Currently we have an ongoing investigation that involves another serial offender or offenders," Staff Sgt. Kevin Simmill testified at a special hearing related to the trial of alleged killer Thomas Svekla, a 39-year-old mechanic facing two second-degree murder charges in the deaths of Rachel Quinney, 19, and Theresa Innes, 36.

Simmill is the lead investigator with Project Kare, a special task force investigating the deaths and disappearances of city prostitutes and others leading high-risk lifestyles.

Police have investigated at least seven "significant suspects" in connection with the killing of city prostitutes, court records released Monday reveal.

According to the 188-page affidavit prepared in August last year, investigators had eliminated only three of those suspects, one because he confessed after drinking four 26-ounce bottles of liquor and had no connection to prostitutes, the other two because they were embroiled in a dispute over rent money.

However, police said at the time they had not eliminated two local men who were spotted together with Quinney in the weeks before her death. Both failed lie-detector tests, and "the polygraphist asserted that (they) had involvement and/or knowledge of the crime," according to the affidavit. However, DNA tests were not a match and police have not been able to link the men to Quinney's death.

Crown lawyers also blacked out seven paragraphs of information regarding two other suspects, listing one as an "unknown male." The Journal and other media organizations appeared in court Thursday to argue for public access to details severed from the affidavit, specifically information about the other victims whose deaths are being investigated by Project Kare.

In order for court records to remain secret, the lawyer requesting the publication ban must satisfy the judge that releasing the information will create a serious risk to the administration of justice, and that there are no reasonable alternatives to a complete ban.

Simmill testified that releasing any information about the victims could undermine the ongoing investigation, leading to false confession and wasted police resources in the complicated and difficult investigation.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Sterling Sanderman declined to release the details, saying it is sufficient for the public to know that the blacked-out details refer to crime scenes and autopsy results of the victims whose murders remain unsolved.

The revelation concerning an ongoing investigation into additional serial killer suspects comes three days after court records revealed that profilers and investigators believe the same person is probably responsible for the deaths of as many as 11 city sex-trade workers, including Quinney.

According to the same affidavit, an RCMP profiler reported in 2003 that the murders of five sex-trade workers were "probably committed by the same offender," who "will continue to frequent prostitutes and murder some of them." Six names were later added to the list because the circumstances surrounding their deaths were similar to the original five.

Svekla is the first and only person to be charged in connection with any of the killings. His trial continues Friday.

kkleiss@thejournal.canwest.com
? Edmonton Journal 2007

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 02:02:11 AM »
I am wondering if this is the same Justin Delorme of NFA who was picked up with 40 thousand dollars worth of crack, who also was in jail with Svekla and heard his "scary story"?

RCMP seize Crack Cocaine
High Level, Alberta  (April 9, 2006)
On April 7th, 2006 High Level RCMP acted on information received with reference to an incident involving the trafficking of drugs.  As a result of this information 395.1 grams of crack cocaine was seized.  The street value of the cocaine is approximately $40,000.  Police also seized stolen property valued at approximately  $3000.
Justin Henry DELORME of no fixed address will appear in High Level Provincial court on April 20th, 2006 to answer to the charge of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking, Section 5(2) of the Controlled Drug and Substance Act. RCMP in High Level are continuing to investigate this matter and further charges may be laid.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/news/2006/HighLevel_Crack_Apr09-06.htm

And this from an article about Svekla.

According to Justin Delorme, Svekla told him and several inmates at the Peace River jail a "scary story" where he talked about killing a girl and then bringing a second girl to the same place to do it again, but the girl panicked and ran off and then discovered the body of the first girl.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 11:56:52 PM »
From kindheart

King said the well-educated, successful men, "whose achievements can be found on Google," would "skulk" around various downtown nightspots and pick up the girls for encounters in various hotel rooms. "It took me about two weeks to calm down (after hearing about it)," said King, adding she considered confronting some of the men with what she knew, but decided against it.

She did forward the information to Project KARE

I am going to be very frank here, so if i offend i am in advance sorry for that.

Kathy King now works for PAFFE, forgive me but that seems an odd choice for a person who stated this about street based stw:

"It was a world I was never able to understand anyway," King says.

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/cityplus/story.html?id=ad431b86-44c7-42e0-8413-2bd3a19e6b3f

She then goes on to state about police sanctioned activities:

The mother of a slain prostitute says police training that recruited drugged-up addicts so cops could study them sounds like ?just another level of exploitation.?

If the agencies and police are in her mind exploitive of stw conditions, and its a world she cannot ever understand,as stated in her own words...

I have trouble understanding why she is now pulling a rather large salary working with "exploitive" people, in a world she does not understand?

Kathy, if you or your supporters read here i am sorry for the loss of Cara but i am dedicated to asking the hard questions, and am seeking real solutions for the exploited.I am not Carol Lynn but her opinions are RIGHT ON the mark and i respect what she is doing on a more global scale with challenging the laws and her local outreach to the girls.

If you Kathy as the ED at PAFFE come up with real solutions in the next year that is not the same old "tow the line" bs, then excuse me for asking.

You must by virtue of your association and current employment agree with the Ratcreek press publishing private addresses of girls?
You agree with the Criminal sanctions for the girls, but less for johns? You agree with the NIMBY signs and vigilantes who are emboldened by them that humiliate and further push young woman into a dangerous situations? You agree that things as they are, are not working? If you agree then why are you working for an agency that perpetuates the problems?

~kindheart

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 11:57:36 PM »
From kindheart

Oh my, hard to think it's not the same Delorme.

I guess we will hear from him at trial as a witness? I think it must be the same Justin Delorme, because he was arrested one month before Svekla and both would be held at the closest RCMP lockup.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »
Svekla and friends???

For whatever he and his friends did, they killed another human, in a self gratifying act, of depravity. I hope every one involved would be put in jail, and those that hid the knowledge, may you have sleepness nights. All it takes is one or two phone calls, to the RCMP.

I wonder how many Svekla did kill? That SShhhh sign he made, and that smile, made me want to puke. The arrogance...... >:( >:( >:(

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »

I am one of the people who thinks connections, and always have::

Just way to many killings over the years. I also think that the 15 people Pickton was going to name, and sveklas friends, are continuing to slay victims, whether, hitch hiking or or picking up stw's.

Hotspots, Like Edmonton, towns in Saskatchewan, and also BC, as well as Manitoba. It is like a few groups, or a competition, or plain old sexually sadistc homicide!There have been many ways of death, and it confusing to say the least.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »
Well the trial proved that many people did not know about this, I think the crown gave them deals to testify. If that many people knew and said nothing, It would not surprise me if more knew and some were involved. If the crown gave a deal to any of those people, I hope the crown goes on trial.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 03:05:08 AM »

Right on Chris!!! There not be any dealing. Facts only, no , Yes, I think a lot knew, or had an inkling of what was happening. NO ONE LOOKED????

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 11:27:59 AM »
Who is the crown on this case. ??? Dose anyone have the name . ???

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »

I don't know, but would like to hear of the others. They are probably remnants of the Pigfarm.

I also think, and you all know, that I have been consistently saying they have branches all over. They travel, all over, Manitoba,B.C. , Edmonton, Saskatchewan, and small towns in between. Some may be cultish/ritual, others homicidal Maniacs, some in extreme, sadists, leading to death.

Stay Safe folks!!!!!! :( :( :(

kindheart

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 05:28:54 PM »
I like this article. You know, you do not run into Municipal police with such open minds very often, so that is nice to see.
~kindheart

On July 5th, 2006 the Edmonton Sun carried the story of a trip made by an Edmonton police officer and a psychic to the location where Quinney was found.On June 26th, 25-year veteran EPS Const. Wayne Fermaniuk and Alan Hatfield, a psychic and spiritual medium from Pictou Landing First Nation in Nova Scotia, set out to investigate the site.Hatfield set up an infrared camera and audio recorder at the request of the Quinney family. Quinney's mother and sister were also present.

Fermaniuk discussed what he heard when the audio recordings were played back."If (the psychic) was a phoney, I wanted to expose him. But he's got me. I'm convinced."Hatfield said along with the voices of Fermaniuk and Quinney's family, Rachel's voice could be heard on the tape. "It was clear and came in between other dialogue," he said."Rachel came on, and her grandmom and granddad, they came on, too."Hatfield claimed he also captured images of "spiritual energies" around the site.

Neither Hatfield nor Fermaniuk revealed what they heard Rachel say during the hour-long session, fearing it could jeopardize the police investigation.Hatfield did say that Rachel talked about her murder. "She's very angry, very angry. She's a fighter. She didn't go down easy. She fought all the way," he told the Sun.The visit, which Hatfield paid for himself, was the second time he visited the spot. During a half-hour session in the summer of 2005, he claims a "male spirit" was captured on tape saying the word "Tom."

Hatfield believes four people are involved in the murders of the women, with one person acting as the "dumping guy."RCMP spokesman Cpl. Wayne Oakes said Project KARE investigators were aware of Hatfield's efforts and were reviewing his material."Traditional investigative technique would not say let's go out and get a psychic medium to have a s?ance and see what we can find out about this crime," said Oakes."But there have been a number of examples over the years where (information from psychics) has been fruitful."

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 12:40:21 AM »
Hatfield believes four people are involved in the murders of the women

Sound like Svleka is the dumping guy then.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 02:11:49 AM »
If there is 4, I still think one is probably female and not in a passive role. Someone had to get those street smart ladies to lower there gaurd. I really hope the trial reveals a lot.