Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Thom

Pages: [1]
Toronto / Re: Mike Pimental 24-murdered Jan 1/12-Toronto
« on: July 30, 2013, 07:51:13 AM »
I certainly thought this case would have been solved by now. Odd that there's been no developments.

Tuesday, thanks so much for the info.

Did the police ever talk to you?

Ron: that video you posted the link for was made by me.

I'm confused. Are you saying you saw Ron on the evening of the 26th, the night he died (technically Ron died on the 27th, as it was after midnight).
When was the last time you spoke with him?

Thank you for the replies.  Much appreciated.

The dealers had beaten him before. In the months before the murder, friends recall seeing him walking down Queen St. E., his arm in a sling, with black eyes and bruises. 

I've been able determine the last time he was seen alive (by someone he knew) was approximately 6:45 p.m. on the evening of the 26th.  A friend had stayed with the inebriated Hedland long enough to make sure he was not a danger to himself, but had to leave because of a previous engagement.

The call to police came in at exactly 1:29 a.m.  Hedland had been found on the back steps of his apartment by the superintendent.  He died en route to hospital.

According to the friend (who had seen Hedland drunk on numerous occasions), Ron was sufficiently inebriated to be in for the night.  I'm at a loss then to explain how he ended up on the back steps.  I'm told Hedland did all of his drug transactions inside the apartment itself.  I'm also told he made a habit of entering/leaving by the front door.

If an agent of the gang had come by to collect payment, it seems reasonable to assume that this interaction would have been done in the apartment proper, not outside. Because if Hedland knew they were coming to collect, chances are he would not have left the relative safety of his home.

So how did he get outside?  Someone had either lain in wait or lured him outside through some unknown means.  Perhaps he was forcibly removed from his apartment.

One witness told me there were threatening messages left on Ron's answering machine.  The police, when asked, were not forthcoming about those messages, claiming the investigation is "open." (Curiously, it is listed in the TPS website as a "Cold Case", but it has not been passed to the Cold Case Squad.)

There's other details, but I don't have them close at hand at the moment.

Pages: [1]