Author Topic: Joanne Marie PEDERSEN - Age 10 - Missing - February 19, 1983 - Chilliwack, BC  (Read 153178 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile

Name: Joanne Marie PEDERSON

Age enhancement 
10 yrs - 1983  32 yrs - 2004 

cliquez pour l'agrandir

Details: On the 19th of February, 1983, at approximately 8:15 pm, Joanne Marie PEDERSON (Date of Birth: May 17th, 1972) went missing from the Penny Pincher Store near the corner of Vedder Road and Watson Road in the Vedder Crossing area of Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada.

At the time of her disappearance Joanne Marie PEDERSON was ten (10) years old, 4' 6" tall, and weighed eighty five (85) pounds. She had shoulder-length light brown hair and brown eyes.

She was last seen using the pay phone outside the Penny Pincher store, on the south east corner of the building, facing Vedder Road.

An unidentified male was seen with her in the phone booth. He was described as being a caucasian male, approximately twenty ( 20 ) to thirty ( 30 ) years old, 5'6" to 5'7" in height, slim to medium build, light to dark hair ( that was below the ears ), clean shaven and wearing a dark jacket.

To this date all attempts to locate Joanne Marie PEDERSON and the male last seen in the phone booth with her have been unsuccessful.

If you have any information regarding this case please contact Cst P. Neetz of the Chilliwack R.C.M.P. Community Policing Office, Serious Crime Unit, at 1-604-792-4611.

kimmeh

• View Profile
Jo-Anne has been missing for 25 years today.

Crime Stoppers video released

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0gIJaTLQgB0[/youtube]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0gIJaTLQgB0

Most recent article in local paper

http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_valley/theprogress/news/15771017.html

The mother of a little girl missing for 25 years is pleading for the man last seen with her 10-year-old daughter to come forward and end her suffering.

"As a mother, I have suffered so much through the years," Angela Reilly, the mother of Jo-Anne Pedersen, says in a video released today by RCMP investigators.

"To the person that was at the telephone booth, if you would please come forward, it would relieve me of so much grief," the tearful mother says in the video. "As a mother, I'm pleading with you to come forward. Please do that for me."

Police believe the man seen in the telephone booth with Pedersen outside a Penny Pincher store in Vedder crossing on Feb. 19, 1983 can help solve the 25-year-old mystery. Police now believe the man was trying to help Pedersen, but may have been scared off talking to police at the time because he was portrayed in a negative light.

RCMP investigators have re-opened the cold case after getting new information.

A composite picture of the man released by police shows a Caucasian male, 20-23 years old at the time, just over six feet tall. He had an average build with hair that came over his ears in a messy or wavy style. He had a moustache and was wearing a 1980s-style waist-length black leather jacket at the time.

Witnesses also describe a vehicle associated with the man, a two-door white- or cream-coloured domestic car from the early- to mid-70s with a dark Landau roof.

Anyone who believes they have information about the case is asked to call the Chilliwack RCMP detachment at 604-792-4611. Anonymous calls can be made to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online at www.chilliwackcrimestoppers.ca

rfreeman@theprogress.com

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting that kimmeh,

I hope this crime gets solved, whoever that is in the phone booth I hope decides to come forward, that would be terrific, I am sure the whole thing is still fresh in his mind if he was spooked by the response.

It would seem logical that someone out there knows something, I hope that person decides to contact crime stoppers.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Police are not talking about the new information, but Manj says an individual came forward with information investigators hadn't considered in the beginning

Wow, i bet they have someone in mind now. THey just need to meet the high burden of evidence to satisfy the judges. I sure hope that this gets solved, nothing is more rewarding then solving a cold case involving a child.

kimmeh

• View Profile
A small sketch can be found here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/377dfbc.html
I'll keep looking and see if I can find anything bigger.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile

They're hoping the man in the phone booth will come forward now, or others who may have held back information during the first interviews 25 years ago, will talk more freely now.

"We believe there are a number of people out there who know something," Dunlop says. "There may be people who for whatever reason were not willing to talk to police in the past that will now."

"Somebody's got to know what happened to Joanne," Manj agrees.

Seems to me like something has changed, in the last while.The police got new information. I also noticed it said that people who wouldn't talk then, may now.

Their were interviews 25 years ago. Maybe they now have a prime suspect who is already in jail for something else, or has passed away.Let's hope that who ever may know something, come forward.

The years must of been hell on the family of Jo-anne Pederson. I hope, and pray there is an ending to this tragedy.((((((((Hugs))))))))) to all the family and friends, and of course for Jo-anne.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Seems to me like something has changed, in the last while.The police got new information

I hpoe so. It does sound like they are looking into this again with new eyes and technology. I hope it works out.

kaw29

• View Profile
I was just wondering if the police ever considered Keith Jesperson, the Happy face Killer in there investigation. I was just reading a book about him and he was originally from Chilliwack and come back to visit often. From what I can figure he was probably in the area about that time. He was arrested in 1995 for multiple murders. Just a thought.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
I was just wondering if the police ever considered Keith Jesperson, the Happy face Killer in there investigation. I was just reading a book about him and he was originally from Chilliwack and come back to visit often. From what I can figure he was probably in the area about that time. He was arrested in 1995 for multiple murders. Just a thought.

I am sure they would have checked out any killer who was known to be in that area. I don't thik I have ever heard of this person Keith you are talking about. I once knew a girl with that last name though so it is interesting. Can you tell me more about him and what he did?

kaw29

• View Profile
Yes, his family was from Chilliwack, he moved to washington when he was about 12 I think, but they kept close ties here and basically came to chilliwack every chance they got. I am right in the middle of his auto biography, so far as I can tell he murdered eight women while driving tractor trailers across the states. He tells of stories of coming to Chilliwack about the same time as Joanne went missing.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Yes, his family was from Chilliwack, he moved to washington when he was about 12 I think, but they kept close ties here and basically came to chilliwack every chance they got. I am right in the middle of his auto biography, so far as I can tell he murdered eight women while driving tractor trailers across the states. He tells of stories of coming to Chilliwack about the same time as Joanne went missing.

Is this guy dead or is he still in prison? Maybe you should send a message to the police there. That is a very interesting coincidence. Did he ever kill a child?

kaw29

• View Profile
not that I know of, none of the crimes he was charged with involved children.
I am thinking about contacting someone, dont quite know who but I will check into it, maybe crimestoppers?

kaw29

• View Profile
O and no he isnt dead, he is still in prison.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Or even just send a message to Chilliwack RCMP. They probably won't ever reply, but at least you will feel better.

kaw29

• View Profile
True, good idea. I was with the cops for most of the afternoon today too, dealing with a shoplifter in my store and I didnt even think about it...LOL
I was reading the rest of Keith Jespersons auto biography tonight and he was 6 ft 4, so I dont think its him as the description didnt mention he was that tall.
But I guess you never know. But he was a sick mother, I will tell you that. He is the type that could have taken that young girl.