Author Topic: Dave Pickton, a predator  (Read 27354 times)

Alder

• View Profile
Dave Pickton, a predator
« on: September 04, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »
Dave Pickton:  a clear-cut case of predator.  Does anybody know his age, or date of birth?

http://www.missingpeople.net/'a_disaster_in_every_way-june_23,_2002.htm
In July of 1992, Dave Pickton was convicted of the sexual assault of a female construction worker at a site he was excavating. Dave was fined $1,000, given 30 days' probation and ordered to have no contact with the victim.
The woman later told The Province, "You could smell [Dave] before you saw him. He had no respect for women at all."
Bikers appeared at her home before the trial, the woman says, leading her to relocate to another city.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/12/02/pickton-witnesses.html
Seven years later, another woman went to police alleging Dave Pickton had violently assaulted her, tying her arms and legs to bedposts with bungee cords, and shoving pills down her throat. She said she was too scared to pursue charges.
On the witness stand, one officer confirmed they have not ruled out the possibility Dave was involved with the (Willie Pickton) killings, but they have no evidence to link him directly.
Dave has also refused to give a formal interview to police and has never been in court either to testify or to support his brother.

Alder

• View Profile
Re: Dave Pickton, a predator
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:21:11 AM »
Apparently, the attached picture was taken in 1995, when he was around 43 years old.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:40:01 AM by Alder »

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 01:41:59 AM »
It is truly galling that David Pickton continues to walk around free.  Considering the amount of foot dragging and possible coverups there's been in the investigation surrounding the pig farm murders, maybe we should dig things up ourselves as much as we can.  Possibly, someone reading this might recognize a piece of info to something that's happened to them.

While searching the background of the pig farm murders, there is one haunting bit of info that keeps being repeated:  the Vancouver prostitutes started to disappear in 1983.

What were the Pickton brothers up to exactly around that time?  Say between 1978 and 1992.

1992 is when the Vancouver disappearances became a lot more frequent.  Coincidentally the Picktons also were able to strike it rich in the 1990's with their land sale.  Before 1992, did they travel around to fairly distant locations once in a while?  Did they appear to have an extra source of income that was not explained by the farm's revenue?

Could we post that info here please.

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 01:45:01 AM »
So far that's all I've been able to find:

http://www.missingpeople.net/pig_farm_killings.htm

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
Alder; I like the way you think.

Hazel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »
Aldre, I agree with Lostlinger  ;)

As for why Dave is still a free man?  My best 'guess', he's brokered a deal.  He'll end up in jail once his work deal is done.
Time to renegotiate that contract Davey!

Italian_Sweetheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 08:12:52 AM »
I have always entertained suspicions about Dave's involvement. He was supposedly the brighter one, looking after Willie and putting him to bed, etc. I asked myself, if Willie was such a simpleton, how on earth could he possibly have planned and carried out these killings solo without anyone knowing or cooperating??  It simply does not add up.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
I agree on your take prairiechicken, that's how easy it was for someone like Willie....and most probably, his brother. 

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »
Folks, if you want to get the feeling you were "right there" in the Pictons lives, I recommend you read:

1.  The Picton File
2.  On The Farm

Both are by Stevie Cameron .... about the Pictons ....and the personal references of those murdered by these savages.  These books make your hair stand on end.  I recommend you read them in the above order.

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »

I read "somewhere" that Robert Pickton told a jailhouse informant that he committed the perfect murder - they'll never find the remains of all the women because he sent their bodies to the rendering plant.  I didn't wince until I googled it to see what it was.  Ugh.  You're right, he is a simpleton but knew the business of slaughter, inside and out.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 12:36:12 AM »
The first one is a lot of the info. we have all passed back and forth here... except for the "details go way beyond what we talk about"....and Stevie names names..... important people and all.  especially those attached to the little ring of killers... and sad but true details about relatives of those murdered, and what they actually had to be told.  It's shocking!  oh yes, another thing, Stevie Cameron risked life and limb to get this book done (imo) ...say nothing for the hardships she endured just trying to get by from day to day.

BTW.... I haven't even gotten into the second one yet, but the girl I got it from said it's just as detailed, just as revealing!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:38:59 AM by lostlinganer »

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 09:03:13 AM »
The Picton File & On the Farm by stevie cameron

where can these books be bought..like, would I be able to get them at a chapters/coles store.. or are they at specialty book shops?

MOst importantly are they available in Nova Scotia..???

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »
Whisper; go online at your local library.  I am a member of the library here;  I can go online, put in my id, and look for book or movies and/or browse all contents of the library.  At the same time, I can put a request in to hold a book for me when it comes back. I can also have a book sent to my library from another for me.   They have Stevie Camerons books.  Check it out!  You should be able to buy them also, but they are in the libraries.  Libraries are wonderful;  they will never ever become obsolete.

I take my grand-dauther to the library with me.  She is 9 and an avid reader.  On Saturdays, we might get a few movies and she'll spend the night here.  It is amazing how family oriented libraries are.... and the amount of data, ......you name it, they have it or can get it!

SAP

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 11:48:22 AM »
http://www.calgaryherald.com/story_print.html?id=3510795&sponsor=curriebarracks

Aerial photo of part of the Pickton farm taken in February 2002, shortly after police began searching the Port Coquitlam property. Shown are the white trailer Willie Pickton lived in and outbuildings where evidence was found.
Photograph by: Ian LindSay , Vancouver Sun FILES, Vancouver SunIf you bought The Pickton File, Stevie Cameron's last book on the Robert (Willie) Pickton case, and were disappointed that it failed to tell the whole story (because of publication bans in place at the time), On the Farm: Robert William Pickton and the Tragic Story of Vancouver's Missing Women is the book you were hoping for.

With the remaining bans lifted last month, Toronto journalist Cameron delivers a hard-hitting look at the botched police investigations of Pickton, who has become Canada's most notorious serial killer. Though convicted of six murders, he confessed to an undercover officer that he killed 49 women who had disappeared from Vancouver's Downtown Eastside over more than two decades.

Cameron does an excellent job of detailing Pickton's early years on the family farm in Coquitlam and, later, on the Port Coquitlam property that became known as "the pig farm" because Pickton often butchered pigs there.

The place was littered with junked cars and mounds of dirt from the topsoil business he operated with his younger brother, Dave (who continues to run a salvage and demolition company, P&B Used Building Materials).

Pickton's parents, Louise and Leonard, who died in the late 1970s, made their living butchering pigs. "Louise Pickton was a tough, hard woman," Cameron writes, claiming that the mother was responsible for the death of a neighbourhood boy, Tim Barrett, who was walking near the Pickton home in 1967 when he was struck by a one-ton truck driven by then 17-year-old Dave Pickton.

Despite trying to cover up his involvement by painting over the damage to the truck, Dave Pickton was convicted in juvenile court for failing to remain at the scene of the accident and was prohibited from driving until he turned 21.

The book says Pickton's mother found the boy lying unconscious by the side of the road and hauled him into a nearby ditch, where he drowned.

The story is recalled by one of Willie's closest childhood friends, Lisa Yelds, who says Willie told it to her years later. The death may have been a seminal lesson for Willie -- that you can't be prosecuted without evidence of wrongdoing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:50:41 AM by SAP »

SAP

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »
More detailed account of what happened to young Tim Barrett. Maybe Louise Pickton should be charged with murder post-humously?

http://www.thestar.com/article/226272