Author Topic: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson | Ross Edward Kleman Charged  (Read 135018 times)

D1

Re: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson (sept 28 2008)
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »
Excellent summary of possibilities Ling. As you said that one little detail is troubling.
(but still have to figure out why the rape didn't occur, since he was already strangling the girl when the two boys happened along.)

That other Ontario case you mention is so sick it defies comprehension. In this case, the killer stayed around long enough to complete the murder after being seen. He did not run right away, but he did not stay long enough to do anything else. In some ways I interpreted this, "or hoped," that the killer was someone Emily knew for that should have been much easier to solve and stop the killer before he could do this again. I still question whether Emily knew her attacker or if she were a random victim, but can't get around that the killer carried on with murder after being seen by the "boys". I find that unusual and indicative that Emily knew him but the boys would not. If it were random, the boys were as much witnesses as Emily and there fore the necessiity to silence the first witness should have been negated right then by others seeing the same. IMO He would have just run right then if it were a random attack..

Recent suggestions do indicate other possibilities, one way beyond my comprehension, and as noted we have very little information to get any further.. How old were these "boys"? What did they really see, were one or two persons involved? Lots of questions, very few answers.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 01:06:33 AM by D1 »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
D1; I actually meant that perhaps Emily knew or would recognize the guy - and this, he was sure of; whereas, the two boys may have been strangers to this guy, so he could assume they couldn't identify him.

D1

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2008, 07:41:38 PM »
And I completely agree with that given the evidence we have to date.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:02:15 AM by D1 »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2008, 09:58:40 AM »
I think about this case and it doesn't add up. He was there to kill her, because of the rope. The boys, I am like Chris, I would have to question them again. Did they know the killer and were they in on it, but just went to tell the story and get help. If there were two, WHY DID THEY NOT HELP HER. Most of the time boys will look for a chance to tangle with somebody, I don't know.  If there was one of them, maybe he wouldn't, but I have heard many stories about young men who have helped others in situations. Two different POI's and these must have been taken from these two boys. Lets go back to those two boys and have them requestioned, possibly hypnotized, if possible. Something is not right. Chris, I am with you, I would go to square one again with these boys. Did they know the other person???? And I believe murder was on the man's mind, thrill kill or whatever, rape may not have been on his mind at all, just to harm this girl and make a name for himself on the news. I'll make a bet these boys know more, that's the way I see it. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

D1

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
Something sure does not add up with this. The boys are the key to what is going on. Until we know more, like their ages, It is extremely hard to even speculate any further. All of the previous assumptions were based on believing either what the boys said they saw or what the police claim the boys said they saw. Now we have two unidentified POI, neither found and there is still the strange woman who sidetracked the investigation early on at a critical time. Something smells but what is it?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2008, 12:28:53 AM »
Something smells but what is it?

I agree. And I have read numerous cases and it always ends up these weird ones with no solid leads, the last person(s) to see the victim is the killer. I'm still finding it odd that 2 boys saw this happen.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2008, 12:40:13 AM »

Just about every town, has a small or large population of guys, and gals, who like to drink in the open. Maybe the gal who got scared, ran into someone like this. They may have said something to her, and it scared her.

The killing of Emily has me confused, as I am still wavering BTW random, as well as local. Also I wish , the media would say the ages of the boys, who witnessed either the attack, or aftermath.

WE seem to be growing a trend of thrill kills, and it is disturbing to say the least.People are being shanked for just about everything, or just because. It sickens me. Emily was probably killed as she knew her killer. Maybe he didn't have time to get her in the brush.As I believe "sweet Emily", who haunted said, could be the allure of child/adult., and someone became obsessed.

I hope this is solved soon. The second picture, looks like a guy in his twenties, with a worried face.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »
25 years ago, another child went missing:::
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2008/10/20/pf-7141346.html

By KEVIN CRUSH, SUN MEDIA

Click here to find out more!

The recent killing of an Edson teen brings back horrible memories for a mom whose 16-year-old daughter went missing in the nearby Hinton area 25 years ago.

"It's very sad that these guys are not getting caught. They're just doing it over and over and getting away with it," said Muriel Bacsu.

Her daughter, Shelly Anne Bacsu, was last seen walking down Highway 16 near her Hinton home on May 3, 1983.

Articles of her clothing were later found near the Athabasca River, leading police to believe foul play was involved.

When Bacsu heard about the killing of 14-year-old Emily Stauffer on Sept. 27 in Edson as she walked along a trail, Bacsu's heart went out to the girl's parents.

"Her parents are like us. They'll never see her graduate. They'll never see her marry. They'll never see her become a mother," said Bacsu.

"They'll never see any of those moments because somebody chose to take them, and who has a right to do that?"

Bacsu said she follows cases like that of killers Robert Pickton or Thomas Svekla.

In those court cases, the victims were involved in prostitution but Bacsu said killers may not only target street women.

In northern British Columbia, the RCMP list 18 - and some fear the number could be closer to 34 - women of all walks of life who have gone missing along the so-called Highway of Tears.

Bacsu believes whoever might have harmed her daughter was from the Hinton area at some point and likely knew the area.

There has been no information on Shelly Anne's disappearance and until this summer Bacsu hadn't heard from the RCMP in 15 years.

Three months ago, police contacted her for DNA samples. They told her it was just to keep the samples on file in case a match was ever found.

While a quarter-century has passed, Bacsu still believes she will one day find Shelly Anne alive or at least find out what happened to her.

"My greatest hope is that I don't have to go to my grave not knowing what happened to my daughter," she said.

"I do believe the Lord will let us know when the time is right."

Meanwhile, police are still trying to track down Stauffer's killer. They have released sketches of two men they want to talk to but say they are not suspects.

The community is trying to help out, banding together to create a reward fund for information leading to the arrest of the killer of the Edson pastor's daughter. That fund has now surpassed $25,000 and continues to grow.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 11:36:47 AM by Adrian »

D1

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2008, 12:57:24 AM »
Time ticks away... The latest POI has not been located. Maybe he's shaved his head now? By the looks of the sketch, maybe he cut his own hair last time too. $25,000.00!!  Any bounty hunters out there? Maybe some rogue cop will step up and solve a crime for this kind of money.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:27:22 AM by D1 »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2008, 04:03:26 AM »
I do not believe this POI exsists. Just my opinion. I think this is a diversion.

D1

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2008, 11:37:13 AM »
A lot of what has gone on with this murder appears to be a diversion. Why are the police facilitating that process?

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2008, 12:19:47 PM »
Hi! Was just checking the web concerning Emily Stauffer. I found this article, and others are there if link is clicked. Seems that Emily was Home Schooled, cutting the amount of people she would probably see every day.So for me, I am saying random, unless the killer is in a circle of her acquaintances.

Two boys, about 12 or 13, who reportedly witnessed the attack, ran to a nearby house to call 911, but help arrived too late. The girl was pronounced dead in hospital.Well, I wouldn't call 12, 13 youngsters, but they are kids. I hope these two boys are able to help in the capture of the beast. If they couldn't pin point anyone in their town, maybe it was random.

http://www.nationalpost.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=847907

EDSON, Alberta -- RCMP have released a composite sketch of a person of interest in the death of Emily Stauffer, a 14-year-old girl who was killed Saturday as she walked alone in this Alberta community.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Wayne Oakes stressed Monday the person is not a suspect but someone police want to speak with.

Emily was attacked when she went for an evening walk down a path that runs close to a newer suburb on the northern edge of Edson, a town about 200 kilometres west of Edmonton, late Saturday afternoon.

Two boys, about 12 or 13, who reportedly witnessed the attack, ran to a nearby house to call 911, but help arrived too late. The girl was pronounced dead in hospital.

The young girl's death has touched many Albertans, including Premier Ed Stelmach.

"We don't know the circumstances here, what had happened, but this is one area where we're working," Mr. Stelmach told reporters Monday.

"We put additional resources into safe and secure communities, we're going to work with police chiefs to see how we can further assist them so we get rid of people who prey on young women."

While statistics indicate that crime rates are falling in many instances, that's not much comfort to the Emily's family, Mr. Stelmach said.

"The family is going through a very traumatic experience, a very tragic event, losing a daughter in broad daylight," he said.

An Edson woman was organizing a vigil to be held Monday evening outside the Edson Baptist Church.

Organizer Alta Janish said she expected many people to attend.

"It's for the community to come together to show their support for the family," said Mr. Janish.

"It's very shocking," the mother of two young children said of the crime.

"I didn't know her, but our children are our resources and someone has taken one of ours away."

She said Emily's death has shaken the community to the core.

"None of the kids were able to walk to school this morning. They can't play in their backyards, it affects every age group."

Many of Emily's friends have been writing on a tribute wall set up this morning in her honour at Yellowhead Koinonia Christian School, where kindergarten to Grade 12 is taught.

Following the regular Monday morning assembly, principal Avery Stewart said he kept the older students back to give them time to share their memories, ask questions or just reflect.

"Because of the horrific nature of this, of course they're on edge, but the younger ones aren't fazed as much," he said.

"It's the students who are more her age, the ones she had interactions with, that are struggling with loss and anger."

Although she was home-schooled, Yellowhead Koinonia Christian School was Emily's base school.

A home-school co-ordinator visited Emily, who was in Grade 9 this year, at least three times during the school year to check on her progress and make sure her assignments were up to date, Mr. Stewart said.

This year, he said, Emily had talked about joining the girls' volleyball team.

At the end of the trail where Emily was attacked, a small memorial is slowly building at the base of a steel lamppost.

Tiny white bears and fresh flowers have been left behind. On a large yellow stuffed duck is a card that says, "Your are an angel, never forgotten."

Investigators continue to comb the trail where the attack took place.

Edmonton Journal
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:26:44 PM by Adrian »

D1

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »
Thanks Adrian, the boys ages have at least been released now along with a few more details.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »
A lot of what has gone on with this murder appears to be a diversion. Why are the police facilitating that process?

Too make sure. If they did not do that, they will never know.

D1

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »
I know they have to sometimes but it is a bit of a double edged sword. The woman that falsely claimed she had also been attacked, distracted and interfered at a critical time. We don't know who or what she was all about but if she was a known crazy for instance, (who else would do that) the police should not go public so quick. Now with two POI, neither found, no one's quite sure what's going on? Those were two fairly different descriptions and sketches. The town doesn't quite know what or who to look out for and fear levels are increased, a pair of killers on the loose! Makes one wonder what motive is behind publicizing the distractions? Cops baiting the guy providing the info into giving more to see if he'll hang himself?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 03:21:39 AM by D1 »